Lacrosse February Update

Lacrosse February Update

Some of our Rosary Lacrosse team. Photo by Erica Barton

Erica Barton and Liza Dame

Lacrosse kicked off their week with two games against Sage Hill and Valencia High School, and next week they have their first home game of the season against Centennial Corona High School on Tuesday, March 5th. Even though their season is just beginning they are excited to see what the rest of the season has in store for them. This weekend they are participating in the annual tournament at Rose Bowl Stadium.

Some of our lacrosse ladies after a game. Photo by Mrs. Mitts

After talking with some of the players they all seem very excited for this upcoming season. Even though they had a rough start they are confident that they will bounce back on their feet with some wins under their belt. They all share a great bond with one another which is very special, as not all teams have that. Last season they graduated four seniors which was a big loss for them but after fall ball and a lot of practice they have come together ready to take on this season.

Senior Marga Diaz gives Royal Reporter insight on what she is most excited for in this season. “I am most excited to see how the underclassman grow up and improve because I have been able to see them grow since they were freshman. They have a lot to learn and experience to gain but I am confident that they will all step up and become great leaders in the future. Overall, I am really excited to be able to see what they can do this season as well as being able to create a tight bond with everyone on the team.”

Junior Rory Brandon gives Royal Reporter a closer look on a junior’s perspective of their season so far. “I am really excited to grow closer to my teammates, playing games and having fun. I think that this season will be a good one.”

Seniors Holly Middleton (Left) and Sophia McGuire (Right) getting ready to leave before their game against Valencia. Photo by Erica Barton

This year the team has five seniors graduating, Holly Middleton, Evelyn Schmitt, Nicky Angle, Sophia McGuire, and Marga Diaz. Marga shares with us how she is “excited but sad” for her last season with her lacrosse family. “I am really excited for this last season but I’m also sad because after this it is all over. I just want to go out there with my swaggy lacrosse family and have a great last season.”

Be sure to wish our fellow lacrosse ladies good luck on all of their upcoming games and make sure to try your best to go out and support them at their games.

About the Writers
Erica Barton, Staff Writer

Erica Barton is a senior at Rosary Academy. She plays water polo and loves to travel. She would like to travel to Ireland and Italy one day. Her favorite...

Liza Dame, Staff Writer

Liza is an adventurous senior at Rosary Academy and loves to play with her dogs and spend time with her family. She enjoys being on the production crew...