Live. Love. LAX.

Live. Love. LAX.

The Rosary LAX team! Photo by Nicky Angle

Sofia Benavides, Features Editor

Although it might not seem like it with all this crazy rain and freezing temperatures, spring is right around the corner. With it comes Rosary’s lacrosse team, ready to get right back in the swing of things.

They’ve been practicing hard since the beginning of the school year, participating in what senior captain Holly Middleton calls “Fall Ball, or off-season practice.”

Team member Nicky Angle ‘19 says, “We start practicing so early because we want to make sure we’re in the best shape by the time our season comes up. I don’t really mind it because I like exercising and playing lacrosse with my best buds.”

The freshmen of Rosary lacrosse. Photo by Nicky Angle

“We’re like a big family,” senior captain Marga Diaz adds, “so practice is really fun. Even if you’re not the best at lacrosse, everyone supports you. We’re just having fun and messing around most of the time. Swag.”

Holly Middleton tells us, “Everyone’s really excited for the first game. Our new players are doing really great and learning a lot about passing, catching, and field awareness. The team is bonding super well; plus, we’re having a team barbecue to kick off the season soon!”

The team’s first game is one week from today on Tuesday, February 26th at 4 p.m. at Sage Hill- so laCROSSe this off your to-do list, come out, and support your friends!

Rosary’s Lacrosse Team game schedule for the 2019 season. Photo by Holly Middleton