Teacher Power Couples

Teacher Power Couples

Mr. Bevins and his lovely wife Stacey. Photo by Mr. Bevins

Marissa Pennino and Kiren Grewal

Ah, the smell of love is in the air. Valentine’s Day was yesterday, February 14, but Royals are still hyped on the plentiful amounts of chocolate, balloons, flowers, and romance that come with the holiday. However, students aren’t the only ones who have a special, sweet Valentine; teachers also celebrate this lovely holiday with their spouses. In fact, let’s meet some of our favorite teacher power couples.

Mrs. Ward striking a pose with her picture-perfect family. Photo by Mrs. Ward

Our government and psychology teacher, Mrs. Ward, loves celebrating Valentine’s Day with her husband, James. She met her husband at her job when she was 19, and they have been happily married for 22 years! Her favorite anniversary was on her 10th, when she was watching Super Bowl Sunday with her family. Her husband left the room because Mrs. Ward’s team, the Indiana Colts, were winning. Much to her surprise, he came back with an anniversary diamond band! When asked about her relationship advice to Royals, she said: “Marry your best friend; you should be able to tell them everything.” We stan a loving couple!

We caught up with English teacher Mr. Stegink to inquire about his relationship. Mr. Stegink was twenty-nine when he met his lovely wife, and they’ve been married for a joyful 4 years. He thoroughly enjoyed his second anniversary when he and his wife went away to San Diego and stayed at an adorable Airbnb. Mr. Stegink’s most important piece of advice to Rosary students is to “just have fun when you’re dating in high school. If you’re taking everything too seriously in high school you’re not doing it right. If a relationship stresses you out, it’s not meant to be.” Thanks for the advice Mr. Stegink!

Mrs. Rosales and her “Big Al.” Photo by Mrs. Rosales

Mrs. Rosales and her husband, whom she lovingly calls “Big Al,” have been married for a whopping 31 years. They met as teenagers on a blind date at Angelo’s, a quaint burger spot in Anaheim. Mrs. Rosales describes her husband as being a “quiet man with the biggest heart; even if there’s a spider in the house, he won’t kill it–he’ll just take it outside.” Her favorite anniversary was going on a special Fiji trip for their 15th anniversary. Mrs. Rosales left us by saying: “Couples that pray together, stay together!” Now this is a motto to live by, am I right?

Mr. Bevins and Stacey looking like a trendy Pinterest couple. Photo by Mr. Bevins

You all know and love our existential English teacher, Mr. Bevins. You all might also know that he recently got married to his longtime sweetheart, Stacey! Mr. Bevins met his wife when he was 23, but they didn’t start dating until he was 25.  They dated for 7 years, and they’ve been married for 7 months. When asked to pick his favorite thing about his wife he said: “Oh man, it would be impossible for me to pick one single thing.” Mr. Bevins proposed at the dog beach, the spot of their first date; as they were walking down the shoreline, Mr. Bevins suddenly got down on one knee to propose. But the festivities didn’t stop there! They went back to Mr. Bevin’s house, where Stacey was treated to a surprise party, dinner, and tickets to a Brian Wilson (former Beach Boy) concert! He urges Royals to “find someone that makes you a better person, because she is 100% better than I am.”

Hopefully now you know more about your favorite teacher power couples. If you’re still searching for your Stacey or Big Al, enjoy your leftover Valentine’s Day candy, watch The Notebook for the seventh time, and, in the words of Mr. Stegink, “just have fun.”

About the Writers
Marissa Pennino, News Editor

Marissa Pennino is a senior at the Academy. She is thrilled to be a part of the 2018-2019 Royal Reporter. When she isn't purchasing vegan and gluten free...

Kiren Grewal, Managing Editor

When she is not slaying her opponents on the tennis court, Kiren Grewal is a diligent academic at Rosary Academy.  Also involved in a plethora of school...