Rosary Varsity Makes CIF

Rosary Varsity Makes CIF

2018-2019 Rosary Varsity Soccer Team
Photo by Reinbold Photography

2018-2019 Rosary Varsity Soccer Team Photo by Reinbold Photography

Kate Noden and Grace Battaglia

The Rosary Varsity Soccer team has had an amazing season so far this year. This group of young women crushed preseason with six wins, four ties, and only two losses.

They took their hard work and dedication into their season and finished in fourth place. They had four wins, four losses, and one tie. They even beat Santa Margarita Catholic High School and tied Mater Dei High School. 

Sophomore Kate Goggins in action.
Photo by Reinbold Photography

The team was overwhelmed with happiness after all their hard work led them to a spot in CIF. Senior captain Hayley Heil stated, “This season has taken all our hard work and effort, it is awesome to see it turn out well.”

Senior Captain Hayley Heil taking a goal kick.
Photo by Reinbold Photography

Their first CIF game was on Wednesday, February 6; the team traveled over an hour to get to the location in Redlands. The Royals came out victorious in a 2-0 win over Redlands Valley High School.

Junior right back Julia Oskorus stated, “It was hard to be a benchwarmer in the 30-degree weather, yet the game was so exciting none of us could sit down. I am so proud of our team and can’t wait to move to the next round.”

“The team has never been closer,” exclaims junior captain Natalie Tinkler, “this battle has brought us together. This season has been so exciting and fun because we all support each other. Without any member of this team, we would fall apart.”

With 32 teams in CIF, it would take a total of 6 rounds to narrow it down to a winner. Rosary has already advanced to the second round.

Their next game is this Friday, February 8th. Kickoff is at 3 at Fullerton Junior College. Make sure to come support your Royals and help advance them to the next round of CIF.