Club Rush 2.0

Club Rush 2.0

International Club. Photo by Rebekah Barnabas

Sue Kim and Rebekah Barnabas

With so many clubs on campus, it can be difficult to choose which one to join. Not only is it hard to commit to one or two interests, but sometimes the perfect club may be the one you would never think to join. We know last week’s Club Rush may have been overwhelming with the multitude of food, posters, sign-up sheets, and eager officers begging you to join; to help you find the perfect club, we interviewed club officers from the most active and popular clubs on campus.

If you are interested in learning about different countries, try International Club. Nicole Garcia ‘19 informed us, “At International Club, we learn about different countries and cultures and experience it through food. To engage others, we present information about a certain country and participate in cultural activities. For example, we did Henna tattoos and brought naan and curry for India. ”

MUN. Photo by Rebekah Barnabas

If you would like to improve your public speaking and presentation skills, try MUN (Models United Nation). Vanesa Farooq ‘20 told us, “MUN is a club that gives you skills in diplomacy and compromise. You are assigned a country and act as a diplomat from that nation, making resolutions about current world problems at conferences. This club is also great at helping with public speaking and staying current with global issues.”

Key Club. Photo by Rebekah Barnabas

If helping the community at a local and global level is something that interests you, try Key Club. Cailey Rembert ‘20 told us, “Key Club is a combination of a spirit and service club, which partners with other districts to host events. It is also part of the Kiwansis International (a bigger organization). Also, we meet up at Servite monthly to do a park cleanup, so it is a great way to earn CSF service hours.”

Women’s History Club. Photo by Rebekah Barnabas

Maybe learning about awesome women in history is your niche. Anielka Ruiz ‘19 told us, “Our Women’s History Club has potluck meetings about empowering women in different fields like Women in STEM, Women in Sports, and Women in Film. Our main interest of our club is to help empower young women.”

The Royal Rebel Engineering Club’s robot, Belle, retrieving a ball. Photo by Rebekah Barnabas

Lastly, if creating robots piques your interest, look no further than the Royal Rebel Engineering Club. Kristen Biederstadt ‘21 informed us, “At Royal Rebel Engineering, we meet after school to build a robot that we completely build, design, and program from scratch. We compete in competitions with our robot, Belle, which is able to retrieve, pick up, and shoot a ball.”

We hope you take you check out these clubs and find your fit!

About the Writers
Sue Kim, Staff Writer

Sue Kim is a senior at Rosary Academy and a first-time writer for the Royal Reporter. She spends her time binging Youtube videos, re-watching Friends episodes,...

Rebekah Barnabas, Features Editor

Rebekah Barnabas is a senior who can be easily identified by the constant smile on her face (unless she is terribly hungry or legitimately sleep deprived)....