Senior Spotlight: Allyson San Roman

The Dance Team posing for the camera.  Photo taken by their coach.

The Dance Team posing for the camera. Photo taken by their coach.

Izzy Lopez, Photo editor and Staff Writer

She’s beauty, she’s grace, but she’s not Miss United States.

However, she is a pretty talented dancer.  You may have seen her compete in dance competitions, or you may have seen her cheering out on the Servite football field.  You might even just see her every day at school and wonder, “Wow, that girl Allyson seems so cool.  I’d sure like to get to know her better.”  Well, here’s your once-in-a-lifetime chance to do just that.

Allyson San Roman posing for the camera. Photo taken by Mrs. San Roman

Growing up, Ally looked up to her sister, who also went to Rosary. Since Rosary did not yet have a hockey team, her sister played alongside the Servite Friars. Ally admired her sister for pursuing what she loves.

At school, Ally is a stellar student.  She has been enrolled in multiple AP and honors classes.  Ally puts as much passion into her grades as her dance career, and she will be attending her dream school–Texas Christian University–in the Fall of 2019. She plans to major in child development.

Allyson does so much–dance, academics, keeping her social life packed, etc. It’s a wonder she can keep up with it all. She says, “It’s not easy to be balanced.  Sometimes, I just want to skip a practice or not go to a class.  Even though I struggle, at the end of the day I love what I am doing and I never want to stop.”

Allyson San Roman is a sweet and talented girl with a bright future ahead of her.  When she is older, she said that she would like to be a dance instructor to little girls.  “I would love to see young girls pursue their dreams, just the way that me and my sister did.”