Finals 101

Finals 101

Seniors Nicole Garcia and Kiren Grewal preparing for finals.

Caitlin McClure and Rebekah Barnabas

With finals just around the corner, we here at the Royal Reporter have searched far and wide for some of the best study tips out there. We know that finals can be mentally and physically draining, but with these pieces of advise we know you’ll extra prepared for finals (hopefully).

We first went to the senior class, as they are the experts in studying for finals, after all this is their 7th time taking finals.

Most seniors had similar tips, such as prioritizing classes to study for, having good notes, avoiding procrastination, paying attention in class, and using study aids like quizlet and kahoot.

Senior Marga Diaz commented, “I had an easy Freshman year, so I never really studied except for Spanish. Now that I am a senior, I take much harder classes. I know which ones to prioritize based on how much content I have to study and how well I am doing in those classes. Also I believe that having good notes in the first place is the best way to get yourself to study when you need to.”

Senior Laura Garcia said, “Freshman year I would make a study guide for every course and set a certain amount of time to study for each subject far in advance. In all honesty since I started studying so early I would not remember all the information. This year I am going to study for the respective subject one to two nights in advance of the final so that the information will still be fresh in my brain.”

Junior Lara Macantangay demonstrates how to not study for finals. Photo by Rebekah Barnabas.

The Royal Reporter also interviewed juniors, Amara Miranda and Vanesa Farooq to see what they had to say. Amara Miranda advised, “It is important to pay attention to what your teacher stresses in class because they could be giving you information on the final. Also look at old tests because your teacher might pull questions from them.”

Fellow junior Vanesa Farooq also said, “It is good to review right when you wake up because it helps jog your memory. I also have a quizlet app on my phone so that I could study whenever I want. Lastly, go talk to your teachers because they might drop little hints on what might be on your final.”

Our last pro tip comes from the physics wizard himself, Mr. Faubl. He ‘prophesied’ three key elements for succeeding at finals. “(1) Focus on the fundamentals, (2) time management is the key, and (3) focus on the areas you are strongest at.”

We hope that these tips and tricks help you pass all your finals!

About the Writers
Caitlin McClure, Copy Editor

Caitlin McClure is a senior and a first-time writer for the Royal Reporter. As the oldest of four, she has grown up in a constant state of chaos and never-ending...

Rebekah Barnabas, Features Editor

Rebekah Barnabas is a senior who can be easily identified by the constant smile on her face (unless she is terribly hungry or legitimately sleep deprived)....