The Winter Sports Rally

Rosary+girls+at+the+showing+school+spirit+at+the+beginning+of+the+rally.+Photo+by+Theresa+Ceman+

The Winter Sports Rally

Rosary girls at the showing school spirit at the beginning of the rally. Photo by Theresa Ceman

Theresa Ceman, Staff Writer

The iconic “High School Musical” was brought to life at Rosary’s Winter sports rally. It started with an amazing performance from Iris Kang ’19 as “Gabriella” and Sofia Oseguera ’19 as “Troy,” followed by a Rosary Dance Team performance. “The performance was incredible and fun to watch,” says sophomore Ryan Ohlman. “Watching that breathtaking performance made me want to dance,” Elissa Fernandez ’21 adds.

Rosary’s dance team getting ready to start their performance. Photo by Theresa Ceman

Every sports rally introduces the sports for that season. The winter sports include basketball, soccer, water polo, and even though it is a year-long sport, dance. Each team came out with a creative video that introduced the athletes on their team. After the video, each captain talked a little bit about their team and upcoming games. Come support!

The fun-filled rally also consisted of many jokes and games; there was a game that paired big and little sisters who had to slide bean bags to the opponents’ side, and the side with the least amount of bean bags would win. “I ended up breaking the broomstick, but it was fun!” says Kathryn Davis ’20.

Big and little sisters playing bean bag game. Photo by Theresa Ceman

Again, Royals were keen to win the spirit stick from the Senior class. Girls screamed, stomped, and showed their spirit in any way they could. This year, the small but mighty junior class won the almighty spirit stick.

Mrs. Barclay and Mr. Stegink the junior class moderators thrilled after winning spirit stick. Photo by Theresa Ceman

Ms. Barclay and Mr. Stegink, the junior class moderators, were thrilled to win the spirit stick. “It felt natural. The spirit stick belongs in room 108 or 208,” says Ms. Barclay after her class won the spirit stick. “It was the first time the juniors won the spirit stick since I have been here; it is an honor for the juniors. We did a very good job.” explained junior Evelyn Zhao. 

Overall, the winter sports rally was super fun and a great way to hype up the Rosary students for the winter sports to come. Royals are excited for the next rally, but don’t forget to come support our winter sports!