Junior Spotlight: Whitney Deubler

Whitney and her friend Isabella dress up as Sully and Boo from Monsters Inc for Halloween. Photo by Bryn Boznanski

Bryn Boznanski

Bryn Boznanski

Kat Davis and Isabella Tejeda

Whitney Deubler. Also known as Whitney Dubliner or WhitNAY, Whitney is a new and extremely kind soul on Rosary Academy’s campus. Whitney, first living here in California, moved to Seattle when she was thirteen due to her dad’s job. After living in Seattle for four years, Whitney and her family recently decided to move back to California because they missed the warm weather and their family.

In the first few months of school, Whitney jumped right into the Rosary lifestyle and joined many extracurricular activities. Explaining her transition, she states, “I was kind of scared at first because teenage girls scare me… but everything scares me. But when I got here everyone was really nice and inviting. I loved coming to Rosary because [even in just two and a half months] it has formed me into who I am today and the community of sisters has felt so neat, especially since I’m new to this school.”

Whitney poses for a picture for her photography class photo shoot. Photo by Lauren Riviere

She first joined Tri-School Theater and will be premiering in the showcase this November 15 – 18. Be sure to grab tickets to see their amazing production. Along with the show, she also joined Tri-School’s Comedy Sportz saying, “I went to see my friend at the last Comedy Sportz match, and I really liked what they did. When they asked me to join I thought, ‘Neat,’ and now I am a part of the team.”

Not only has Whitney gotten involved in many activities, but she has also made many new friends. In fact, for Halloween, her and her friends dressed up as Boo, Sully, and Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc. Whitney also loves her best friend Monty, a Shih Tzu, whom she has had since she was 5.

As for athletics, Whitney is quite diverse. She was a part of the Rosary water polo team in the beginning of the year, until she decided to join the diving team. Whitney used to cheer as well, but she sticks to coaching young cheerleaders now.

Some more interesting facts about Whitney are:

• She still has her Washington driver’s license and plates on her car
  • She often drives with leopard print mittens because her hands get cold
  • She has 2 brothers, one older and one younger
  • Her favorite fast food place is Chipotle
  • She dedicates an hour and thirty minutes to drive to school every morning

About the Writers
Kat Davis, Staff Writer

Kat is an easygoing and creative junior at Rosary Academy. She enjoys anything that has to do with the arts from creating and writing music to laying in...

Isabella Tejeda, Staff Writer

Isabella is a student-athlete and junior at Rosary Academy. This is her first year on the Royal Reporter. Isabella currently plays for Rosary's varsity...