Thank You Seniors!

Seniors from dance and cheer posting before a big game. Photo by Caroline Linton.

Joy Joukhadar and Holl Middleton

Senior Night honors the hard work of our graduating Royals on their respective sports. It’s a chance to celebrate the accomplishments of the seniors who have worked so hard in academics and athletics for the last few years of their lives. Coaches, teammates, families, and friends hope to send the seniors off with a memorable thanks.

Seniors Caitlin Shank, Lanie Adamsen, and Hannah Laughlin right before their senior night game. Photo by Mrs. Laughlin.

This fall, Rosary Athletics celebrated varsity volleyball, dance, cheer, and tennis.

The seniors on volleyball played their senior night decked out in pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness month. Their friends raided Michael’s for supplies and then created cheerful posters adorned with colorful pictures and loads of glitter.

Varsity volleyball seniors’ friends showing off their decorative posters. Photo provided by Lanie Adamsen

Senior Hannah Laughlin thought the best part of senior night was the outpouring of encouragement and support from her loved ones. “It was really fun to have my mom and friends there and it made me feel lucky to have so much support, for sure. My mom, [and friends] Maya, Lauren, and Hayley made me a poster and that was really sweet of them. I guess I was just really happy they were there.”

Dance and cheer don’t just share the sidelines on Friday nights, but they also combined to share one senior night. The seniors on both teams were adorned with beautiful flower crowns and each had their own poster.

All the seniors on dance taking a cute picture before cheering for Servite football. Photo by Caroline Linton.

Dance captain Rachel Linton had a sense of nostalgia as she remembered when she was a freshman and witnessed senior night. She reminisced, ”As a little freshman, senior year seemed so scary and far away. I remember making my captains’ senior night picture boards and trying to imagine what mine would look like. I felt like I blinked and it was my turn. It’s an incredible feeling to see all the other girls on the team celebrating you and all you’ve done the past four years. I can’t believe it’s my last year in high school already.”

Two senior cheer captains, Lauren Vasquez and Hailey Robinson, snap a quick pick before the game. Photo provided by Lauren Vasquez

Rosary tennis had an even sweeter senior night, defeating the Girls’ Academic Leadership Academy with a set score of 17-1. Senior captain Kiren Grewal’s “Senior night was definitely memorable. We took the dub and ate Chick-fil-a and Nothing Bundt Cakes after.”

The tennis seniors and their coaches celebrating their victory. Photo by Mrs. Bowen

If you haven’t been able to come out to support any Royal seniors yet, don’t worry! Rosary’s cross country team will be having their senior night at Huntington Beach’s Central Park on Friday, November 2nd. Make sure to bring that Rowdy Royal spirit and support!

About the Writer
Joy Joukhadar, Editor-in-Chief

Joy Joukhadar is a passionate senior who can be spotted walking around campus with a tub of ice cream. She can't wait for her final year at the Academy...