A Ringing Rosary Day

A Ringing Rosary Day

Juniors show off their new bling. Photo by Mrs. Reinbold

Tina Enright, Staff Writer

Rosary Day is one Rosary Academy’s most cherished traditions. It’s a very special day where we commemorate the juniors of Rosary as they officially become upperclasswomen.

The Rosary community celebrates together in ceremony. The day began with Mass celebrated by Bishop Nguyen, with the presentation of the Junior class rings following immediately after. To close, students and faculty were given the option to celebrate together at Disneyland.

The Rosary day choir received a standing ovation for their rendition of “A Million Dreams” from The Greatest Showman. There was also an incredible performance by three talented Royals, pianist Bernadette Hattouni ’20, Emily La ’22 playing handbells, and Vanesa Farooq ’20 on the cello.

The Rosary Day Choir received a standing ovation. Photo by Mrs. Reinbold

Vanesa said, “The Rosary Day experience was honestly made by the Rosary day junior choir, who did SUCH an amazing job. I was so happy to be a part of ‘A Million Dreams.’ Overall, it was a really special day.”

Junior Mya Hernandez ’20 shares about her experience: “Rosary day was really fun, but also nerve-wracking at the same time because a lot of people were there watching you. I was on show choir, and I had a really good time singing with my peers. It’s a really special experience. No words can really explain it.”

Rosary Day Speaker, Mrs. Nutt. Photo by Mrs. Reinbold

Mya also added about the heartfelt speech Mrs. Nutt made at the ceremony: “Mrs. Nutt’s speech was honestly one of the best things I’ve ever heard. I was tearing up the whole time.”

Two juniors, Grace Battaglia and Sarah Gapinski were rewarded the Kathleen Faley Memorial Scholarship, and senior Kylie Villanueva was presented the Lauri Chiaretta Scholarship.

Junior Grace Battaglia, winner of the Kathleen Faley Scholarship, with alumna Kennedy Noden, ’16. Photo by Mrs. Reinbold

All in all, it was a very special day celebrating the juniors of Rosary Academy.