Juniors Take on Disney!

Juniors Take on Disney!

Mickey Mouse poses for a picture mid parade radiating happiness for all the spectators. Photo by Kat Davis

Kat Davis

Kat Davis

Kat Davis

Isabella Tejeda and Kat Davis

On Friday, October 5, Rosary juniors received their class rings symbolizing their transition into upper-class women. After the beautiful mass and ceremony, Royals embarked on a journey to Disneyland as part of a sacred Rosary Day tradition.

Disney’s Halloween Party causes the regular Disneyland park to close at 7:00 p.m. Some girls who had passes or park hopper tickets chose to go to California Adventure. Some Royals decided to stay even until midnight to have as much fun as possible. Junior transfer Whitney Deubler ‘20 describes, “Being a new student this year, I had so much fun at Disneyland because I was able to get to know more of my fellow Rosary sisters. I ended up staying till midnight and I have so many new friends.”

Cailey Rembert ’20 poses in front of Cinderella’s castle to take a trendy picture to remember the day. Photo by Kat Davis

Many of the Rosary juniors could be found taking pictures together in scenic areas around the park, showing off their rings, and getting their rings turned by Disney characters, teachers, and fellow Rosary students. Junior Allison Perea ‘20 explains, “Our class, in theory, needs to get our rings turned 2020 times. It matches our graduation year. So far, if I guestimate it, I have gotten my ringed turned 20 times. It was fun to walk around Disney and see upper and lower classmen rush over excitedly to turn our rings.”

Not only was Rosary Day shared with our Rosary community, a special proposal occurred during the day. A couple dressed as Princess Elsa and Prince Hans joined hands near the castle.  Then suddenly something wonderful happened.  Prince Hans asked his princess to marry him! Elsa realized that her prince was “someone worth melting for,” and excitedly answered him with a “Yes!” Elsa and Hans truly found out that “Love is an open door.”

A couple shared a magical moment in front of Cinderella’s castle. Photo by Kat Davis

It was a magical day for the juniors at the happiest place on earth.

About the Contributors
Isabella Tejeda, Staff Writer

Isabella is a student-athlete and junior at Rosary Academy. This is her first year on the Royal Reporter. Isabella currently plays for Rosary's varsity...

Kat Davis, Staff Writer

Kat is an easygoing and creative junior at Rosary Academy. She enjoys anything that has to do with the arts from creating and writing music to laying in...