Battle for the Win

Battle for the Win

Servite football player hard at work with an amazing catch before the game. Photo by Taylor Bastidas

Isabella Tejeda and Kat Davis

On Friday, September 28th, Servite’s varsity football team went up against their ultimate rival school, Mater Dei. The Friars fought hard throughout the whole game, although they did lose with a final score of 0-35. As they walked off the field with smiles and confident attitudes, they knew they had some hard training ahead of them. Varsity center Kyle Riviere ‘19 states, “I am actually pretty proud of our team. We fought hard and beat what people expected of us. Many thought that we were going to lose by a score closer to 0-60, so the actual score just shows that we did well holding them back.

Fans throughout the stands could be heard screaming and cheering for their team. Servite’s Asylum brought a box sized speaker and many of their students were wearing pro-dress, which is Servite’s formal uniform. It consists of a white long sleeve polo, black dress pants, dress shoes, and a tie with the Servite emblem on it. A prospective student of Servite, Dustin Staggs, exclaimed, “The Asylum was so fun to watch. One of them was holding a weight over their heads and when they blasted the music to compete with Mater Dei’s student section I thought it was really funny. Their cheers back and forth were also pretty funny.”

Servite’s Asylum running in, ready to cheer for their fellow brothers. Photo by Taylor Bastidas

A Servite Friar shows off his muscles as he brings in a real lifting weight for the Asylum. Photo by Taylor Bastidas

During half time, our homecoming princesses and princes took the field in their long dresses and fancy tuxedos. Homecoming Queen Kate Marshall ‘19 and Homecoming King Connor Buchanan ‘19 were introduced to fans waiting in the stands. Amelia Fiorentino ‘21 describes her experience at the game when she states, “I really liked seeing all of the beautiful dresses during the game. It was really awesome to see the princesses walk in with not only their date, but also their dads. Overall, it was a really fun experience.”

Rosary’s Junior princess, Mya Hernadez ’20, looks back at her friends, accompanied by her dad, with a huge smile as they cheer for her and the rest of the court. Photo by Taylor Bastidas

Even though Servite may not have won, they proved that they are hard workers and will be having a fighting season ahead of them.

About the Writers
Isabella Tejeda, Staff Writer

Isabella is a student-athlete and junior at Rosary Academy. This is her first year on the Royal Reporter. Isabella currently plays for Rosary's varsity...

Kat Davis, Staff Writer

Kat is an easygoing and creative junior at Rosary Academy. She enjoys anything that has to do with the arts from creating and writing music to laying in...