FALL-ing for Fall Treats

FALL-ing for Fall Treats

Grace Battaglia and Kate Noden

Saturday, September 22 marked the first day of the Fall season. As the weather cools down, the ovens warm up. Grocery store aisles are filled with all things pumpkin spice. With so many different Fall treats flooding the shelves, it can be hard to tell which ones are worth the dough.

Luckily, The Royal Reporter is here to help you decide which ones are tasty enough for your pantry.

General Mills Count Chocula: This simple, yet delicious cereal is only around once a year. If you enjoy Lucky Charms, Coco Puffs, and spooky vampires, then this is the cereal for you. The chocolate cereal mixed with the chewy ghost marshmallows makes for the perfect combination for a sweet Fall breakfast.   

Target is stocked up on General Mills limited edition Count Chocula. Photo by Grace Battaglia

Pillsbury Pumpkin Shape Sugar Cookies: These cookies are an essential for the Fall season. Making them is almost as fun as eating them. Not only do they taste amazing and smell delicious, but the adorable pumpkin shape is sure to put you in the mood for Fall. 

Candy Corn: Delicious, fun, and iconic, this orange, yellow, and white striped candy makes everyone excited for the Fall. One bite of candy corn will fill your mouth with excitement. The combination of vanilla, caramel, and marshmallow flavors melts in your mouth. 

Smashmallow Pumpkin Pie Marshmallows: Unless you have a goal to try every pumpkin flavored item in stores, this is not recommended. These had amazing potential; however, the chewy texture mixed with the overpowering pumpkin taste is too much for anyone’s taste buds.  

A Fall treat that should be avoided. Photo by Grace Battaglia

Hostess Limited Edition Caramel Crunch Mini Donuts: These sound exactly like the title. A classic Donette with a nice subtle touch of caramel and cinnamon flavoring. These are a perfect treat for on-the-go breakfast or a late night craving. 

We also asked Royals to share some of their favorite Fall treats.

Junior Melina Alsworth stated, “When Fall time comes around, my favorite snack is the Starbucks pumpkin scone. I love the combination of vanilla glaze and pumpkin bread. When it gets warmed up, it tastes like it just came out of the oven. It is definitely a must-have Fll snack.”

Ryan Ersek ’21 replied, “Fall is my favorite season hands down. My favorite thing about Fall is when the pumpkin spice lattes start rolling around. They are always the perfect kick-start to my slow Mondays.”

Remember: Fall is only here once a year so enjoy it and eat up while you can.

About the Writers
Grace Battaglia, Staff Writer

Grace Battaglia is an enthusiastic junior at Rosary Academy. Her favorite subject is history. She is extremely excited for her junior year and to receive...

Kate Noden, Staff Writer

Kate is an energetic junior, who is ecstatic to be part of The Royal Reporter. She loves playing soccer and running track for Rosary Academy. Kate is also...

1 Comment

One Response to “FALL-ing for Fall Treats”

1. Julia & Kaitlyn on October 12th, 2018 12:05 pm

WOW ! We really loved this article!! I would love to know where you got these snacks. Great work ladies, keep it up!!! :))

• FALL-ing for Fall Treats

Senior Spotlight: Allyson San Roman

• FALL-ing for Fall Treats

Brilliant Benavides

• FALL-ing for Fall Treats

Showcase

It’s Signing Day!!

• FALL-ing for Fall Treats

Teachers’ Pets

• FALL-ing for Fall Treats

Thanksgiving Food -vs- Christmas Food

• FALL-ing for Fall Treats

Humor

Secret Lives: The Religion Department

• FALL-ing for Fall Treats

Royals’ Thanksgiving Traditions

• FALL-ing for Fall Treats

What Is Kairos?

• FALL-ing for Fall Treats

Junior Spotlight: Whitney Deubler

• FALL-ing for Fall Treats

All Saint’s Day

FALL-ing for Fall Treats