Homecoming Rally 2018

Homecoming Rally 2018

The 2018 Homecoming Court stands at attention while being instructed on homecoming rally games. Photo by Giovanna Pinel

Holly Middleton and Kiren Grewal

On Wednesday, September 19, Royals were filled with excitement and spirit at the annual Homecoming Rally. Spirit coordinators Iris Kang ‘19 and Sofia Oseguera ‘19 wowed us yet again with another successful rally. After Iris and Sofia announced the theme as “On the Red Carpet,” students were ready to once again battle it out for the legendary spirit stick. This particular rally was especially exciting because Servite’s finest Friars were on campus to participate in the games and activities.  

Rosary senior princess Naomi Dodd ’19 and senior prince Parker McGrade ’19 participate in a fashion show, exhibiting private school uniform style. Photo by Kiren Grewal

2018 Homecoming Court 

Servite 

• Samuel Luo ‘19 
  • Kieran Wilson ‘19 
  • Parker McGrade ‘19 
  • Andrew Marmaud ‘19 
  • Connor Buchannan ‘19 
  • Joseph Lazo ‘19 
  • Ryan Lee ‘19 
  • Ivan O’Campo ‘19 

Rosary 

• Kate Marshall ‘19 
  • Marissa Pennino ‘19 
  • Naomi Dodd ‘19 
  • Mya Hernandez ‘20 

Connelly 

• Natalie Gonzalez ‘19 
  • Catherine Hoyos ‘19 
  • Courtney Gomez ‘19 
  • Aubrey Mandry ‘20 

2018 Homecoming Court ready for the fun activities. Photo by Giovanna Pinel

After the homecoming court was presented to the school, the princesses and princes paired up and competed against one another.  

In one of the games, partners were cellophaned together and competed in a three-legged-race/obstacle course. However, the fan favorite was definitely the revised version of the Servite Fashion Show.  

Friars had just a few minutes to search the crowd for any articles of Rosary apparel and then dress as a Rosary student including wearing the Rosary Academy official lanyard that the boys got from the student body. Then, Rosary and Connelly girls walked the Friars up the red carpet-like catwalk. Royals cheered for the best dressed Royal/Friar. Servite’s Kyle Riviere ‘19, who stood in place for Kieran Wilson ‘19, won the Royal fashion contest by a landslide. He committed to the catwalk and wowed us all with his ability to show off the Rosary uniform. 

Servite senior Ivan Mendoza ’19 and Connelly senior Catherine Hoyos ’19 strut their stuff in front of the student body. Photo by Kiren Grewal

Of course, the real battle was between each grade level. Sophomores were disappointed that they could not win the spirit stick once more because they were the fall sports rally champions.Sophomore moderator Mr. Bevins was probably saddest of them all. But the seniors came back to the Homecoming Rally with vengeance and won the spirit stick. Seniors erupted in screams and rushed to the middle of the Karcher Center and moshed in happiness.  

“I really loved this year’s homecoming rally!” exclaims senior Sophia McGuire ‘19. “It really got us closer with our brothers and sisters at Servite and Connelly, which we don’t often get to do at other Rosary rallies.”

Kudos to Iris Kang and Sofia Oseguera for planning such a successful rally. The Royals can’t wait to see how the next rally turns out and who might win the spirit stick!