Rosary Athletics App Launch

The

The "home" page of the Rosary Athletics App allows a user to explore its features. Photo by Holly Middleton

Holly Middleton, Sports Editor

Since our ancestors created fire, humans have been advancing their technology to better their lives. This past week Rosary Academy contributed to the greatest inventions of (wo)mankind by creating the Rosary Athletics App, an application that tells its downloaders anything they need to know about any sport in any season.

Seniors checking the latest scores on the brand-new Rosary Athletics App. Photo by Holly Middleton

Check out the wins, losses, and dates for Royal games for any team under the schedule tab. Photo by Holly Middleton

The Royal Reporter sat down with Mr. Tice, the Rosary Academy athletics director and mastermind of the Rosary Athletics App.

RR: How did the Rosary Athletics App come about? Whose idea was it?  

Mr. Tice: One of our Rosary families has a relative involved with RepU, the company in San Diego that created our app. When I saw the quality work they had done for schools like DeLaSalle and Loyola, I thought it would be a perfect fit for Rosary.

RR: What was the process of creating or commissioning the app like? Was it easy or difficult?

Mr. Tice: It took all summer and was very technical.  Lots of licenses, permissions, and boring stuff. The fun part was adding content once we had info from the fall sports.

RR: Why was the Rosary Athletics App created? Why was now the right time?  

Mr. Tice: It was created to give fans a more interactive experience with our teams and to give our student-athletes a first-class spotlight for their efforts, including videos and pictures linked to their bio.

RR: Who is going to run the app?  

Mr. Tice: Every piece of content comes from the athletics office, where the great Mrs. Sweeney is in charge of our sports information.  We have an intern, water polo coach Jessica Hermosillo ‘14, who is very smart and helpful, and we also have content managers in each sport, like coaches and parents.

RR: How can we download the Rosary Athletics App?

Mr. Tice: It’s available for free in any app store (can support Samsung, iPhone, and more!).  You can download it, then decide which sports and levels are your favorites; you’ll get notifications based on what you decide.  You can also see a web version when you go to the athletics homepage of the website and click on “schedules & rosters.”

Check the rosters of each team and each level in the Roster tab. Photo by Holly Middleton

Students are excited to engage with the new application. Its accessibility appeals to many members of the high school generation, as personal cell phones have become a staple in our society. In addition, parents love that they can see scores of games when they may have not been able to make a daughter’s game or would like a quick recap.

See Royals in the news as soon as an article is published via the News tab. Photo by Holly Middleton

Check put photos uploaded to the app after nearly every game in the media tab. Photo by Holly Middleton

Claire Nicodemus ‘19 expresses her appreciation of the app: “I think it’s a really neat addition to our high school. It gives Rosary the publicity its athletic department deserves and lets us easily check how our teams are doing.”

Make sure to access the app store and download the Rosary Athletics app in order to keep up with your favorite Royal teams and stats.

About the Writer
Holly Middleton, Sports Editor

Holly "LAX GOD" Middleton is a senior at Rosary Academy. She is excited to spend time with her friends, learn new things, and experience her last Red and...