Want a New Read?

Mistress's Health

Mistress's Health

Erica Barton, Staff Writer

Everyone is always on the search for new books to read. Well, here are two books that will make you want to finish them in one day. These books can be found at any Target, Barnes and Noble, or local book store.

Since You’ve Been Gone

If you are looking for a young adult and romance novel, you should read Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson. This book begins with two best friends, Sloane and Emily, who are completely opposite, one being outgoing and one very reserved. Sloane, bringing Emily out of her timidness, leaves her ‘to-do lists’ so she can travel outside of her comfort zone. However, one day Sloane leaves town and only leaves behind a final list for Emily to complete. Despite her feelings of abandonment and confusion in her best friend leaving nothing but this note, she attempts to complete the list alone.

Since You’ve Been Gone is written by a New York Times bestselling author. Photo by Flick           

Through her adventures to complete it, she makes friends with the popular guy at school and ultimately falls in love with him as he helps her find herself. As she begins to figure out who she is, a major plot twist occurs, giving hope to the unexpected.

Alex, Approximately

If you are looking for another young adult and romance novel, you should read Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett. This book begins with two online friends talking. One of them, who goes by the pseudonym Alex, wants his friend, by the name of Mink, to come see him on the other side of the country. Alex, however, happens to live in the same town as her dad, who she ends up moving in with, keeping it a secret from Alex. Mink- or Bailey -attempts to find Alex in real life before she reveals her secret of being in the same city as him. On her journey to reveal his identity, her dad forces her to get a job and she meets Porter Roth, her superior at work and a difficult person to deal with.

Alex, Approximately is a YA favorite. Photo by Goodreads

They butt heads at the beginning but eventually start going out on dates. The story takes an unexpected turn, which may turn out to be for the best.

If you want more book recommendations, be sure to check the LEC. Ms. Roberts and Ms. Kahler will be more than happy to find the perfect read for you.

About the Writer
Erica Barton, Staff Writer

Erica Barton is a senior at Rosary Academy. She plays water polo and loves to travel. She would like to travel to Ireland and Italy one day. Her favorite...