Marshmallow Masters

Marshmallows+and+the+raw+spaghetti+Royals+utilized+to+make+their+masterpieces.+Photo+by+Evelyn+Zhao+

Marshmallow Masters

Marshmallows and the raw spaghetti Royals utilized to make their masterpieces. Photo by Evelyn Zhao

Kiren Grewal and Evelyn Zhao

This past Wednesday, students in House got real up close and personal with marshmallows and raw spaghetti. Let me explain.

Big and Little Sisters paired up to create the ultimate architectural structures using their bare hands, marshmallows, and raw spaghetti. Seems easy? It’s not. Amelia Fiorentino ’21 thought, “It was hard to stick the spaghetti in the marshmallow because the spaghetti would just break. It was also really hard to keep the project stable.”

In Señora Kappe’s House, Big and Little Sister duos battled to be named the best builder. Nicky Angle ’19 enjoyed the fun activity and said she “really enjoyed bonding with [her] Little Sister as we constructed our tower. I’m looking forward to more fun House activities this year!”

Nicky Angle ’19 and Kristen Biederstadt with their magnificent tower. Photo by Kiren Grewal

In Mrs. Rosales‘ and Mrs. Ward’s House, freshman Savannah Kondo really enjoyed creating her sculpture with her Big Sister because “we were both able to incorporate our ideas into one project which represented us.”

After the girls finished their beautiful masterpieces, a winner was chosen from each House. Then, the girls were faced with the daunting task of taking their delicate, semi-edible structures downstairs for the final judgment. The winners from each House now faced off with one another. Throughout the rest of the day, Royals were tense with anticipation waiting for the end-of-the-day announcements to see which House would take home the glory and honor.

With pounding chests, Royals listened intently for the final verdict. Mrs. Flati and Mr. Reinbold’s House took the win with two beautiful royal crowns to represent the Rosary Community. Cheers and groans were heard through the hallway. But don’t worry Royals, everyone is a winner as long as Mr. Bevins and Mr. Stegink don’t win!