Hi There Ms. Harrison!

While Rosary has many new faces this year, Rosary is finally blessed to have a performing arts teacher, and we couldn’t have asked for anyone better.

Ms. Harrison loves theatre, especially musicals. Some of her favorites include Tarzan, Shrek, Singin’ in the Rain, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music, and Les Miserables.

She can typically be found in room 5, either teaching electives such as musical theatre, show choir, and orchestra, practicing with students at lunch, or helping out with the club she moderates, Tri-M.

Ms. Harrison may have only been here for a few weeks, but she’s already adored by her students. Freshman Anna DiCrisi says,”Ms. Harrison is always full of so much energy, and she does whatever she can to help each and every one of her students grow as much as they can.” Junior Hayley Johnson agrees, adding,”Ms. Harrison’s class is really laid back and fun! It’s definitely a place where my classmates and I can feel comfortable to talk about theatre, music, and really anything else that makes us happy with absolutely no judgment.”

Ms. Harrison helping her students with hand bells. Photo by Joy Joukhadar

So far, Ms. Harrison has been loving her time at the academy and is looking forward to the rest of the year. She moved here from Oregon and was searching for a job here in southern California, then found the Rosary job listing.  She explains that she decided to become Rosary’s performing arts teacher because, ” I have been in shows, directed shows, and been the musical director for shows. In Medford, where I’m from, I was the musical director for their local high school community theatre group in addition to what I would do/put on with my students.”

She adds,” I thought it would be a perfect match for my skills so I applied. I love it here at Rosary! It is an incredibly special school. ” We’re happy to have her with us.

About the Writers
Joy Joukhadar, Editor-in-Chief

Joy Joukhadar is a passionate senior who can be spotted walking around campus with a tub of ice cream. She can't wait for her final year at the Academy...

Erica Barton, Staff Writer

Erica Barton is a senior at Rosary Academy. She plays water polo and loves to travel. She would like to travel to Ireland and Italy one day. Her favorite...