Tri-School Wants You

Claire Early trying to recruit  people for Tri-School  in a joking World War I fashion. Photo by Joy Joukhadar

Claire Early trying to recruit people for Tri-School in a joking World War I fashion. Photo by Joy Joukhadar

Students practice some of the dance moves they’ll know at their audition. Photo by Joy Joukhadar

This year is Tri-School’s 30th year as a theatre program for Rosary, Connelly, and Servite students.  It’s very important for Mr. Frankie Marrone, Tri-Schol’s artistic director, that on this very special anniversary, many students try to be a part of the productions.

He explains,”In your life, you’re going to have opportunities and platforms to do public speaking, to put yourself in front of a group, and it might not even be in front of a large group–it could be just an interview for a job, and smaller opportunities like these in high school I think are important because you get that experience of putting yourself out there and preparing yourself for speaking in front of people, and just having fun.”

Current members of the program have been trying hard to encourage their fellow peers to join. Rosary junior Maddy Gomez was inspired from some of the girls who sit at her table, as well as by her own interest in acting, to join this year. She tells The Royal Reporter, “I’m very excited for this upcoming theatre season, not only because I get to meet a lot of people, but because this will be my first time being a part of Tri-School Theater.”

Servite, Rosary, and Connelly students all participating in the Audition Workshop. Photo by Joy Joukhadar

Servite senior Erik Mercado, who’s been a member of the program since his freshman year, encourages people to audition for the fall show by saying, “Tri-School not only made me a more confident person, but also helped me meet the people who became my best friends. I’ve learned a lot about performing through the teachers and even learned a lot from the other students. Whether you’re a tech or an actor, Tri-School will make you feel at home.”

If you weren’t able to make it out to the audition workshop, you can still audition next Tuesday. Come in professional attire with a spare change of clothes to dance in and the sheet music for any Broadway song you’d like to perform. If being on stage isn’t your scene, you may be interested in becoming a technician for a production.