Innovative Royal Technology

The+new+laptops+can+conveniently+flip+into+tablet-mode.+%0APhoto+by%3A+Kiren+Grewal+

Innovative Royal Technology

The new laptops can conveniently flip into tablet-mode. 
Photo by: Kiren Grewal

The new laptops can conveniently flip into tablet-mode. Photo by: Kiren Grewal

Kiren Grewal, Managing Editor

Rosary Academy students were ecstatic to receive their brand-new Toshiba Portégé X20W laptops on Business Day, August 9th. Last year, in addition to being one of the first students to pilot the device, Laura Garcia was also one of the few lucky students instrumental in convincing Rosary Academy to upgrade to the new Toshiba laptops for the 2018-2019 school year.

“In comparison to the previous laptops, the new Toshiba laptops are so much faster and the stylus makes it much more beneficial to our learning because we are able to take notes using applications like OneNote,” Laura raved.

The new Toshiba laptop has a distinguishable Rosary Academy sticker. Photo by: Kiren Grewal

The new device’s features include:

• OneNote
  • Cortana (Microsoft’s rival to Apple’s Siri)
  • Turning into a tablet
  • A magical stylus

Teachers have also been thrilled to incorporate the new technology into their day-to-day lesson plans. In Mrs. Davidson’s Pre-Calculus class, students switch to tablet-mode, utilize the stylus to save paper, and take colorful notes on OneNote. Students are even able to draw beautiful masterpieces using their stylus on the Paint application.

Rosary Royals eagerly using their state-of-the-art laptops.
Photo by: Kiren Grewal

The new Freshmen at Rosary were especially excited when they received their stunning laptops. “I really like the laptops. I think they are the perfect size, and I love that they are touch screen and that they can flip into a tablet,” Lily Ganahl ’22 told The Royal Reporter.

Rosary’s beloved Mrs. Ward is one of the biggest fans of the new laptop. “I love the stylus. I love being able to use the laptop as a tablet and take notes faster than I can type. I am so excited to incorporate them into my classes,” she said.

Both Rosary students and faculty only have positive reviews of the new Toshiba laptops. Students are ready to utilize their devices to enrich their learning experiences and conquer yet another year at the academy.