Get Your Glow on at Spring Fling

The flyer for the 2018 Spring Fling.

Photo Credit: Nicola Huerta

The flyer for the 2018 Spring Fling.

Natalie Ruiz, Staff Writer

Whether they are casual or formal, school dances give Rosary, Servite, and Connelly students the chance to have fun with their friends.

At the start of every school year, there is the Welcome Back dance. This helps Rosary students let loose from the rough start of getting back into the rhythm of school.

Photo Credit: Natalie Ruiz
The Welcome Back Dance last year hype, with Juniors Allison Armanino, Kaleigh Dreyer, Nicolette Angle, Natalie Ruiz and 2017 alumnae.

Right after Welcome Back is over, Rosary girls begin their planning for the next dance, Homecoming. This formal dance is enjoyed by all grades and is always held at Servite.

As the cold sets in, the next dance arrives: Winter Formal, which is not so formal. This is usually held at Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park. There is a selection of rides to go on, a taco bar, and a dance floor to enjoy.

As the cold dies out and the flowers start to bloom, Tri-school’s next dance, the Spring Fling, is at Rosary’s campus this year. The Royal Reporter decided to shine some light on this dance.

Photo Credit: Sophia McGuire
Sophia McGuire and her boyfriend capturing a perfect moment.

The Royal Reporter asked a group of Juniors, who have gone to Spring Fling, what their thoughts on the dance were. Liza Dame said, “I went freshman year and it was fun because I went with my friend from Servite.” Liza also told The Royal Reporter, “I would definitely recommend other people go.”

Isabella T. Lopez agrees, “I went the past two years with a group of friends and it was really fun.” Sophia McGuire chimed in, “Even though it was small, I still had a great time with my friends and boyfriend.”

Alena Adamsen, more know as Laney, doesn’t necessarily agree with Isabella and Liza, “I went my Sophomore year and it was fun but it could have been better. There weren’t many people there though, so that was a bummer.” As a follow up question, The Royal Reporter asked her what would have made it better. Laney responded, “If more people come and also if they played more music that was recent.”

This year’s Spring Fling theme is Black Lights so make sure to wear white to get that glowing effect. It will be this Saturday, March 24th, at Connelly from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Come and have a a great time!