The Black Panther inside and out

Actors- Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan, and Danai Gurira- at Comic-Con for The Black Panther.

Photo Credit: Flickr

Bella Davies, Staff Writer

The Marvel Universe released yet another action packed movie. Black Panther is unlike any other Marvel movie made thus far. It wowed movie goers and has smashed through box offices. According to “Variety,” the movie has grossed over one billion dollars since being released on February 16, 2018.

Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons
Chadwick Boseman stars as King T’Challa in this exhilarating film.

Black Panther is a thrilling movie filled with action and comedic relief. It tells the story of the Black Panther and shares Wakanda’s history. It follows King Ta��Challa (Chadwick Boseman) on his journey to becoming King of Wakanda after the tragic death of his father. It also depicts the challenges he faces as the new king. Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan) was also a stand out villain with so much depth and pain. He’s a character that people hate, but also sympathize with.

It is unlike any other Marvel movie because it is filled with so much culture heavily influenced by Africa. Wakanda is a magical place–so vast, peaceful, and extravagant. The trees were green, thick, and lush. The sunset burned bright yellow and orange and was very captivating. Wakandan fashion is bold and beautiful with heavy tribal African influences.

Photo Credit: Bryan Bishop, “The Verge.”
“The Verge” published a wonderful movie review praising the Black Panther.

The Royal Reporter asked some people around campus what their thoughts were on the film.

Junior Bianca Cortese revealed, “I loved the Black Panther because the costumes that all of the actors and actresses wore were very detailed. I also really enjoyed this movie because the scenes throughout the movie are beautiful.”

Sophomore Sofia Sigenfuse said, “The Black Panther is a great movie because it’s not just interesting; it is also funny and has a small love story.”

Senior Erika Campos stated, “The acting of all of the characters from the Black Panther was what made this movie stand out to me. I also loved the story line and thought that the movie as a whole was outstanding.”

Everybody loves a good Marvel movie, so if you’re in the mood for an adventurous and fascinating movie, Black Panther is perfect for you.