Comedy Sportz & Royalz

Senior Molly Renze, sophomore Allison Perea (red team), and freshman Vanessa Ruiz (blue team) strike a pose during the Comedy Sportz match.

Photo credit: Kaleigh Dreyer

Photo credit: Kaleigh Dreyer

Kaleigh Dreyer, Staff Writer

Friday, February 16th marked the beginning of one of Tri-School’s favorite activities–Comedy Sportz! Comedy Sportz is an improv team comprised of students from Rosary, Servite, and Connelly. They play in “matches” and the team gets split into two colors- red or blue- and then compete against each other (sound familiar?).

Royals love going to watch the matches because they get to see their friends from other schools, there’s always great snacks, and of course there’s the comedy!

Photo credit: Kaleigh Dreyer
Freshman Alicia Ventura improvises a joke at the Comedy Sportz match.

“I loved the spontaneity of the jokes, and the atmosphere was inviting and fun,” Junior Holly Middleton told The Royal Reporter.

“I really like how weird things turn out to be because of how fast the students are trying to think of things to do or say,” Recalls junior Marga Diaz. “One of their scene ideas was about going out to eat, and then it turned into something about the Revolutionary War.”

Alexandra Samawi ’19 loves “how interactive the performances are and how not only the players, but also the audience gets to be a part of the show!”

“Every player is active and upbeat, which made the two and a half hours feel more like twenty minutes,” says Allison Armanino ’19.

Going to watch Comedy Sportz is already great, but what’s even better is being on the team and being able to participate in the matches. Rosary has many Royals who partake in Comedy Sportz, from 9th all the way to 12th grade.

Photo credit: Kaleigh Dreyer
Allison Perea ’20 shines while doing a funny dance.

“I like being in Comedy Sportz because I like entertaining an audience,” says sophomore Allison Perea, “It’s always great to make someone laugh and to be able to lighten up their day.”

Freshman Alicia Ventura says, “It’s a good skill to be able to think on your feet.”

“Comedy Sportz is a really great opportunity to have fun with friends, and I love being able to be as goofy as I want,” Claire Early ’21 told The Royal Reporter.

Photo credit: Kaleigh Dreyer

If you weren’t able to catch this Comedy Sportz match, be sure to catch the next one this Friday, March 2, at 6 p.m. at Connelly!!!

• Comedy Sportz & Royalz

College: After You’re Accepted

• Comedy Sportz & Royalz

Senior Spotlight: Christine Marie Johnnie

• Comedy Sportz & Royalz

Mother’s Day

• Comedy Sportz & Royalz

In-N-Out V. Five Guys

• Comedy Sportz & Royalz

2018 Faley Games

• Comedy Sportz & Royalz

Wish Week

• Comedy Sportz & Royalz

Juniors’ Springtime Hunt for Colleges

• Comedy Sportz & Royalz

Summer Lovin’

• Comedy Sportz & Royalz

Donuts for Days

• Comedy Sportz & Royalz

The Newest Edition to the Stegink Family!

Comedy Sportz & Royalz