R&G 101

Rosary students excited for Red and Gold.

Photo Credit: D. Reinbold

Photo Credit: D. Reinbold

Emily Garcia and Kami Merrill

Red and Gold is one of the most anticipated times in the school year. It is a Rosary tradition for decades and has evolved into an event that has shaped the school today.

If you ask any Rosary student what her favorite part of the school year is, they will probably say Red and Gold. All students who have experienced it understand the craziness of the show, but for freshman, they have no idea what is coming.

As it is just the beginning to the Red and Gold season, here is some advice for having the best time during these next six weeks.

Practice makes perfect

Along the way you might stumble on some dance moves, but don’t get frustrated because the more you practice the more comfortable you will become with those intricate steps. Luckily, you will practice every single day for the next six weeks whatever category you’re on. Don’t worry, you can perfect your routine just in time for performance weekend. Definitely reach out to your teammates for extra guidance.

Photo Credit: E. Garcia
Girls at Rosary practicing their drills on the lawn.

Secrecy

Senior Gold Producer Maddy Fetter shares, “Secrecy is the core of what makes up Red & Gold. It adds an element of surprise to the shows and leaves room for the unexpected when we finally get to see the other team’s performance after waiting for so long. Each show is different in its own way, and watching it come together is one of the best things! It is always a struggle to keep everything quiet, but the more people practice secrecy, the better the shows are for everyone.”

Have fun!

Leave the stress for the captains! Other schools don’t have a unique tradition like Red and Gold where students from all grade levels work together to put on a one of a kind performance. Six weeks sounds like a long time, but time flies faster than you think, so enjoy every moment you can. Also, remember to keep your friendships close. With the hustle and bustle of the season, we can easily forget to make time for our friends, especially if they are not on the same team as you.

Photo Credit: D. Reinbold
The gold team at Red and Gold Kickoff 2018.

Each team has 45 captains to help you with anything you need in addition to the white team. Hear is a message from your team producers:

Senior Gold Producer Maddy Fetter shares, “Enjoy every second of your flex and time with your teammates. As a freshman everything is exciting and new. Embrace the new opportunities and chances to make new friends and lifelong memories.”

Senior Red Producer Anna Shyne says, “I’m super excited to show everyone what we’ve been working on. I can’t wait for it all to come together and there to be a big reveal!”

Whether you’re a gold spy or a red agent, you’re still a Royal; good luck to both teams and happy Red and Gold!

• R&G 101

College: After You’re Accepted

• R&G 101

Senior Spotlight: Christine Marie Johnnie

• R&G 101

Mother’s Day

• R&G 101

In-N-Out V. Five Guys

• R&G 101

2018 Faley Games

• R&G 101

Wish Week

• R&G 101

Juniors’ Springtime Hunt for Colleges

• R&G 101

Summer Lovin’

• R&G 101

Donuts for Days

• R&G 101

The Newest Edition to the Stegink Family!

R&G 101