Spring signing day

(Photo Provided by Ms. Hermosillo)

Left to Right, Top Row: Ava Acuna, Victoria Gomez Bottom Row: Anahi Pintado, Ava Dominguez, Natalie Romero, Taylor Gomez in their college gear.

Colleen Schmitt, Staff Writer

On Thursday May 4, six Rosary Academy athletes signed their National Letters of Intent to play a sport at their college.

Ava Dominguez ’23 signed to play basketball at Concordia University. (Photo Provided by Jessica Hermosillo)

The first Royal who signed is Ava Dominguez ’23, who will play basketball at Concordia University, Irvine. Ava competed on the Rosary varsity basketball team since she was a freshman. During that time, the team won two state championships. Excited to continue playing basketball closet to home, Ava shared, “I wanted to stay close to home, so I am really happy that I got the opportunity to.”

Ava Acuña ’23 signed to play lacrosse at St. Bonaventure University in New York. (Photo Provided by Jessica Hermosillo)

Next is Ava Acuña ’23 who committed to play Division 1 lacrosse at St. Bonaventure University in New York. Ava shaid, “I’m going to miss playing with my friends here at Rosary and at club lacrosse, but I’m excited to learn and grow with my soon to be teammates. Although I am a little intimidated to play at such a competitive level, I am confident in my abilities as a player and cannot wait for this next step in my athletic career.”

Anahi Pintado ’23 signed to play softball at Cal State Dominguez Hills. (Photo Provided by Jessica Hermosillo)
Natalie Romero ’23 signed to play softball at Metro State. (Photo Provided by Jessica Hermosillo)

Two students signed to continue their softball career at the Division 2 level. Natalie Romero ’23 will be playing at Metropolitan State University in Colorado, and Anahi Pintado ’23 will be playing at California State Dominguez Hills. Natalie shared her anticipation about next year: “I am excited but at the same time a little nervous to be moving away. I know it will take time to adjust to this new journey but I am excited to be independent. I am also excited about playing with new teammates and overall just being able to experience college softball.” During their sophomore year, they contributed to the CIF championship the team won.

Victoria Gomez ’23 signed to do cheer at Vanguard University. (Photo Provided by Jessica Hermosillo)

Next is Victoria Gomez ’23, who was the only senior on this year’s cheer team. Tori signed to continue cheer at Vanguard University in Costa Mesa, sharing, “I am super excited to meet new people and continue performing, this time at collegiate games and events!” During Tori’s junior year, the team won the titles of CIF Southern Section, National Champions, and USA Nationals. They are a very accomplished team and will miss Victoria’s contribution.

Taylor Gomez ’23 singed to do track and field at Cal State San Marcos. (Photo Provided by Jessica Hermosillo)

Lastly, Taylor Gomez ’23 committed to run track and field at the Division 2 level at Cal State San Marcos in Oceanside. Even though Cal State San Marcos is not too far, it is just far enough for Taylor: “I am excited to go somewhere away from home and to experience new things not in Orange County.” This year, the track and field team was named Trinity League champions for the first time ever. Taylor definitely contributed to this title and will be greatly missed by the program.

Congratulations to all of the seniors who signed. Rosary wishes you the best of luck on this new journey!