Teacher Appreciation Week

Mrs. Flati and Mrs. Hunt enjoying the breakfast provided by the sophmore class. (Photo taken from @rosaryparentcouncil)

Layla Langrell, Staff Writer

The teachers at Rosary Academy work hard to make sure that we have the best education possible, and most days we forget to show our appreciation to them. With Teacher Appreciation Week, we have a perfect opportunity to thank our teachers and show them our gratitude. The week was filled with making posters and hosting brunches and lunches for our teachers to celebrate their hard work. To reflect on the week and everything our teachers do for us, I asked the Royals what they loved most about their teachers.

Senior Julia Clarke most appreciates her math teacher, Ms. Rios. She says, “Mrs. Rios is a great teacher and really makes sure we understand the basic concepts become moving on to the harder stuff. She always makes sure to explain things in multiple ways to ensure that we are all successful.”

Mrs. Kappe ’03 and other teachers digging into the brunch to kick off teacher appreciation week. (Photo taken from @rosaryparentcouncil)

Caela Cabal ’23 says Mr. Guerrero and his sense of humor is the best; “I love the lively banter between him and our class. It makes the tough physics periods a little better.”

Ms. Barclay ’94 is always a fan favorite. Kendall Clarida ’23 says, “She always knows how to make me laugh on a bad day, and she makes learning more enjoyable.”

Vivi Mercado ’23 most appreciates her English teacher. She says, “I really appreciate Mr. Bevins because he teaches us more than education, he teaches us about life. He tries to incorporate reading that he knows we would be interested in and have fun reading.”

The Rosary parents council set up a beautiful breakfast for the last day of teacher appreciation week. (Photo taken from @rosaryparentcouncil)

Senior Emma Fredman says that Mrs. Hunt and Mrs. Nield are amazing teachers and fantastic people: “I really like how much they care about their subjects, teaching, and their students. Both of them really care about our growth as intellectuals and our well-being. Before the AP test, Mrs. Nield prepared a table of snacks for us. Mrs. Hunt prepared AP exam practices and brought snacks, and even made breakfast.”

All of these great teachers make up a big part of the Rosary community and everyone is so thankful for them. I hope every teacher had a great teacher appreciation week and enjoyed all of the activities!