Senioritis: an annual epidemic

Brynn Beauchamp, Staff Writer

Anahi reports that her symptoms have resulted in over twenty on-site naps. (Photo provided by: Joanna Ciudad ’23)

As we speak, there is currently a raging epidemic plaguing the Rosary halls. Senioritis has taken over the senior class, and with one month remaining, a cure will take miraculous efforts. Our teachers have accepted the fatal consequences of this disease on our attendance, and Mrs. Oliver has now resorted to using tissues as tardy slips.

Senioritis symptoms begin with a mild case of exhaustion and can evolve into full blown fits of lost purpose and meaning. Everything is pointless when you have Senioritis and all you can even think about doing is everything except what you should be doing. Assignments are impossible, achievements are impossible, and waking up in the mornings feels like resurrecting from the dead.

As a senior myself, I am here to report that this disease is real. It is infectious, and it will conquer even the most dedicated of students. To verify my analysis of this disease, I’ve asked fellow seniors to describe their thoughts on school in one sentence. Here is what they had to say…

Tori Bush ’23 : “Senior year needs to end like now; I don’t have anymore motivation.”

Also Tori: “I have given my soul to Rosary Academy for four years now, so I need them to now give it back in the form of a diploma.”

Kiera Busch ’23: “If you love me, let me go.”

Joanna Ciudad ’23: “I feel like a player from the show “Survivor.”

Isabella Jimenez ’23: ” Senioritis is like dementia because I can’t remember the last time I went to school for a full week, or just like in general.”

Tori was absolutely the only Senior smiling at the Spring Sports Rally. (Photo credit: Brynn Beauchamp ’23)

Isabel Solorio ’23: “Just hand me my diploma right now.”

Brianna Guzman ’23: *alarm goes off* “Yeah I’m not going today…”

Caela Cabal ’23: “Senioritis is no joke… it’s as if every day you get closer to graduation, the less brain power you have left. Now, I know I’ve always had it bad with procrastination before, but at least at some point an alarm in my head would ring and push me to get things done. It’s safe to say that now the alarm no longer works.”

Anahi Pintado ’23: “I will be happy when I leave, but until then I will continue to take naps.”

Well… you heard it here first, Senioritis has ravaged through the hearts and souls of our very own senior dino’s as we know them. Juniors, stay safe. Seniors, hang in there. Underclassmen… good luck.