Royals’ take on their getaway to Europe!

Photo credit: Kendall Clarida '23

These girls definitely became Galway Girls.

Sydney Rosario, Staff Writer

Ello loves!

How do you do?

The Royals who ventured to the United Kingdom over spring break are as fit as a fiddle.

20 students, along with Mr. Tice, Mr. Yoon, Mrs. Yoon, Mr. Basford, and Mrs. Basford, spent eight eventful days in Europe: four days in London, England, and the remaining in Dublin, Ireland. Though the students came back knackered and jet-lagged, their stories proved worth the journey. Of the 20, seniors Anna JordanCharlotte Jordan, and Kendall Clarida gave insight into their wonderful time away from home.

Anna, Charlotte, and Kendall were first-time travelers to the Big Smoke and the Pale.

Let’s get this interview cracking!

Royals recreating the iconic Beatles’ Abbey Road strut. (Photo credit: Juliet Cortes ’23)

Q: Tell me about London. What was your favorite thing you did/saw?

A: Anna: I was so happy to see the Globe Theater where Shakespeare originally produced his plays. I’m a huge Shakespeare fan and went a bit crazy in the gift shop.

Charlotte: Our time in London was absolutely jam-packed with sights and activities, so it’s hard to pick a favorite. The best part of my time there was seeing “A Streetcar Named Desire” at the Phoenix Theater with Anna and Juliet Cortes ’23. I was SO impressed and awed by that show. It made me want to return to the West End immediately.

Kendall: London was so much fun! I definitely felt like a cutesy little city girl. My favorite part was all the shopping and little French cafes we went into. I tried so many cute pastries and coffees. 

Juliet posing for a candid in the famous Red Telephone Box. (Photo credit: Juliet Cortes ’23)

Q: How was the Abba concert? Was it different than other concerts you have been to?

All three seniors agreed that the concert was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. However, the differences in the concert include:

A: Anna: The ABBA concert was lively with the oddest age range I’ve ever seen, though it was still a good time.

Charlotte: Obviously, the concert was going to be a bit different because the performers are de-aged holograms, but even besides that, the accompanying visuals and set design were bonkers.

Kendall: It was all holograms, and it was crazy how real the band looked. The whole experience made me lose my voice by the end. 

Q: How about Ireland? What was your favorite part?

A: Anna: I loved touring the Ring of Kerry or the western Irish coast. The views were spectacular, and I could have spent another ten days watching the seaside on an Irish cliff.

Charlotte: Ireland was INCREDIBLE. Everywhere my head turned, the country was beautiful. The people were welcoming, the sights were unmatched, and I had much fun with my friends. My favorite part was the traditional Irish dinner and performances. We ate Irish food while enjoying amazing performances from a local band and Irish step dancers. I will never forget it.

Kendall: Ireland was my favorite part of the trip by far. It was so beautiful there, and everyone was so sweet. My favorite part of Ireland was the sheep show, where I witnessed Charlotte’s peak when she held a lamb. I also loved all the fantastic food I tried.

Kit Heyward ’24, Kendall Clarida ’23, and Juliet Cortes ’23 are all smiles in Dublin! (Photo credit: Kendall Clarida ’23)

Q: If you would give one tip to those who are going on next year’s trip, what would it be?

A: Anna: Bring comfy shoes! I can’t stress that enough! And don’t bother bringing cute shoes, either. They won’t save you from the miles you’ll be treading.

Charlotte: I advise those going on next year’s trip to bring comfortable walking shoes and to leave as much space in their suitcases for souvenirs as possible.

Kendall: I would encourage everyone to make the most of it. Take lots of pictures; even if you’re super tired and your feet hurt, these memories will last a lifetime.

Although I was away from my friends for what felt like donkey’s years, I am glad they had a wonderful time.

If you are interested in attending next year’s spring break trip to Spain and France, keep your eyes peeled for more information!

Kendall looking so cute in green, green Ireland. (Photo credit: Juliet Cortes ’23)

Anyways, I am so glad you decided to take a gander at this article. Cheerio!