Class elections season is here!

The Freshman candidates right after their speech! (Photo provided by Cadiz Salazar ’23)

Cadiz Salazar, Supervising Editor

As we approach the last few weeks of school, Rosary also finds itself approaching ASB election season for our freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. Running for ASB is no easy feat — it takes a lot of courage to go before your class and present a speech while also running against your peers. 

Tahlia Jain ‘26, candidate for sophomore class secretary, mentioned, “I ran for ASB because I love Rosary and want to contribute more to our community by helping organize our traditions and fun events! Running isn’t too scary; since I’ve had almost a full year to get to know my class, I feel so supported throughout the campaign process and when delivering my speech!”

Tahlia Jain ’26 and one of her clever posters (with special inspiration from Red and Gold!). (Photo provided by Cadiz Salazar ’23)

Speeches for each candidate were given to their classes this Wednesday during FLEX, with each class either in the LEC, Karcher Center, or in one of the classrooms. I got to sit in on some of the speeches, and from the ones that I watched, there is most definitely some tough competition out there. Yet, luckily for the Junior Class, they did not have to worry about any competition at all, being that all candidates were unopposed — that must have cooled off some of their nerves! 

Another hilarious poster from a Junior candidate! (Photo provided by Cadiz Salazar ’23)

A personal favorite of mine this election season would have to be the creative posters I discovered throughout the campus. Never have I seen so many popular movies and T.V. references, creatively designed jokes, and pop culture references (especially the Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, and Hailey Baldwin drama) on our Rosary campus. There is no doubt that these candidates outdid themselves. 

Voting took place this Thursday before school and during break between classes, with members of each class anxiously writing up their ballots. The count is in and here the results: 

Sophomore Class Officers:

President: Michaela Watson

Vice President: Parker Yee

Treasurer: Tahlia Jain

Secretary: Melina Gonzalez

Junior Class Officers: 

President: Avery Rabago

Vice President: Sophia Aquino

Treasurer: Abby Zabala

Secretary: Destiny Itzel-Guzman

Senior Class Officers:

President: Makayla Palos Rodriguez

Vice President: Isabella Florin

Treasurer: Caroline Herman

Secretary: Valeria Avila

If you perhaps did not run this year but have hopes of running in the future, do not hesitate to try! Ms. Barclay ’94 mentioned, “I wish more students would run for more office, but I’m happy for all of the new class officers.” Healthy competition is always good!

Congratulations not only to our ASB class winners but to all candidates who ran this year — it was a great election season!