A love letter to a Gold loss

Brynn Beauchamp, Staff Writer

Gold Dance strikes a pose before opening the fourth and final show. (Photo provided by: Bella Florin ’24

As my fourth and final year on the gold team has come to a bittersweet end, I think it is only fitting that I bid the entirety of my experience a proper farewell.

Flashback to freshman year when I first found out what team I was on, I will admit that red was the color I wanted to be on, but after that first kick-off, I never looked back. I’ve embraced every role from a fairy, to a dodgeball dancer, to a 1920s flapper, and now a cop. But, here I am senior year, and it turns out gold is everything I ever wanted. So, here is a love letter to a gold team loss. Not because I’m happy we lost but because it was a reminder that all perfect things must come to an end somehow.

While the gold team made it possible for me to add “unethically loud screamer” and “atrocious monochromatic costume designer” to my resume, this team also taught me the importance of leadership, sisterhood, and dedication. I learned so many important life-lessons by fully immersing myself in everything this experience has to offer. These last four years have been the best years—win, loss, loss, pandemic and all.

So, while the confetti cannons didn’t shoot out the color I had prayed and hoped for, I couldn’t be more proud of all that was accomplished on that stage. This weekend, we busted down doors (shout out to my gold cops) and absolutely gave it our all. Our team was phenomenal, spirited, and together we put on an amazing show. When that curtain fell for the last time, nothing else mattered to me. By the end of the night, I was left grappling with my emotions trying to somewhat understand how it had all ended so fast.

Seniors hug for one last photo after their final matinee show. (Photo provided by: Isabel Solorio ’23)

I am a gold girl through and through. I love lots of gold glitter and shimmer. When I hear songs that take me back, I will forever yell “GO GOLD!” I will always think back to my time on the gold team and smile because this team has made the last four, the best four.

So, farewell to the most amazing memories, I will forever miss you in my life. You were golden and perfect, everything I wanted and more. Go gold, forever and ever.

XOXO,

Brynn Beauchamp ’23