Beach volleyball’s big win

Rosary+congratulates+the+beach+volleyball+team+on+their+first+win+of+the+season%21+%28Photo+taken+from+%40rosaryvolleyball+on+Instagram%29.+

Rosary congratulates the beach volleyball team on their first win of the season! (Photo taken from @rosaryvolleyball on Instagram).

Trista Verne, Copy Editor

Rosary Academy’s beach volleyball team had their first game of the season on Tuesday, Feb. 28. The game took place at Fullerton College with Rosary taking home their first win of the season against Estancia High School with a score of 3-2.

Parker Yee ’26 shared her experience during her first game, “I played with my partner Aurora Ortuno ’26 and we both won 2/3 matches against Estancia. My favorite part of being part of the beach volleyball team is making new friends and hanging out at practices.”

The team prepares for the game by practicing daily and holding conditioning practices at the sand pits. Isabella Corte ’24 says, “At first I was really nervous, but when I start to play, I get less nervous and start to have fun! I love being able to watch my fellow teammates and cheer them on after I finish my match.”

Overall, the team was stoked about their first win and cannot wait for a great rest of the season.

Go out and support the beach volleyball team at their next game on Tuesday, March 7 at 3:30 p.m. at Fullerton College!