Royals’ New Years Resolutions

Photo Credit: Maya Davis

Senior Maya Davis and her family ringing in 2023!

Kendall Clarida, Supervising Editor

Royals, we’ve finally reached the time of year when gyms are more crowded, people attempt to pick up a new skill or hobby, and people’s Instagrams become much more interesting. Even our fellow Royals are entering this year with high expectations and resolutions, so I’ve decided to ask some about their big plans for 2023. 

Many seniors are being hit hard with senioritis as they enter their last semester of high school, and many Royals are taking the new year as an opportunity to avoid the lack of motivation that comes with the final months of high school. Layla Langrell ‘23 said, “This semester, I’m not going to procrastinate on anything, and I’m going to turn in everything on time.” I’m proud of her, but I can’t promise that I’ll be able to stick to those resolutions. 

Royals are truly embracing the mindset that is “new year, new me.” Senior Camila Zavala has big plans and high expectations for 2023 after an unusually traumatic break: “I found out I have a liver disease over break, so my goal is to go to the gym, actually be productive the whole time I’m there, and eat healthy. In addition to taking care of my health, I’ve decided to make it my resolution to not let people walk all over me and just enjoy my senior year.” With some pretty big plans for the new year, she also wants to focus on things she enjoys—like embroidery. 

Finally, Royals are determined to make this their best year yet. Emma Silva ‘23 is very optimistic about 2023 and has some good and achievable resolutions for herself: “My plan this year essentially boils down to me taking better care of myself. That’s right. No more going to bed with my makeup on for me. World domination starts with skin care. How can I take over the world with clogged pores?” This will be the year for self-care, I feel it. 

Maybe I’m just biased as a senior, but I really believe 2023 is going to be a great year. Good luck with all your resolutions Royals, and Happy New Year!