Red Ribbon Week: outstanding outfits

Photo via Rosary Academy's Instagram

Seniors smile with their free Coffee Bean mochas on Crazy-about-being-drug-free Tuesday.

Camila Zavala, Staff Writer

Hey Royals! Last week was Red Ribbon Week, a campaign where schools around the U.S. spread awareness to their students about the dangers of substance abuse through school spirit. This year, our director of activities Ms. LaBonte ‘09 arranged 5 perfect themes for each day of the school week. Some Royals took their participation to the next level and really stood out. Here are some of my favorite looks from this Red Ribbon Week:

Kat getting ready in the morning to blind Royals’ eyeballs. (Photo Provided By: Katriel Cenabre)

Shine out against drugs– On Monday, Rosary students arrived in neon t-shirts, and, although everyone really shone out against drugs, one Royal stood out the most with her outfit. Senior Katriel Cenabre was radiating in her neon-green outfit— right down to her hairclips!

After a long day of school, Bri can’t see us, and we can’t see her! (Photo Credit: Brianna Guzman)

Drugs can’t find meTuesday, it seemed many Royals were missing, but really everyone was just dressed in camouflage, blending into our campus’s lovely landscape. Brianna Guzman ‘23 was in head-to-toe in camo.

Friends don’t let friends do drugs– On Wednesday, big sister/ little sister duos and best friends twinned to celebrate midway into Red Ribbon Week. Of course, one of the most iconic twinning moments of the day were these two “Servite students,” my little sister Savina Padilla ‘25 and me.

We’re ready for our Friar cuts! (Photo Credit: Camila Zavala)
Nahomi Saito and Alma Leon ’25 pose in their adorable matching sweaters! (Photo Provided By: Nahomi Saito)

Crazy about being drug free- Everyone brought their crazy game on with their socks on Thursday, but the wigs around campus really took the cake. Seniors Layla Langrell and Victoria Bush showed up in glamorous toupees, looking like celebrities with bold hairstylists.

Tori runs away from the paparazzi. (Photo Credit: Camila Zavala)
Layla lavishes in the sunlight with her beautiful hand-cut bangs. (Photo Credit: Camila Zavala)

Black out drugs– My little sister’s and my outfit from Wednesday were a sneak peek into Friday’s theme, where almost every student dressed in Servite gear or all-black. Friday was also the big rivalry football game between Servite and Mater Dei, and everyone took this day as an opportunity to show their support for the Friars.

Three Royals pose in all-black outfits with bright, white shoes. (Photo Credit: Camila Zavala)

Red Ribbon Week was amazing thanks to the participation of Rosary’s students, and I’m sure everyone had fun while advocating for substance abuse awareness.