Why you should go to the senior application workshop

Photo Credit: Kendall Clarida

Senior Sophia Harvey is looking forward to the application workshop.

Kendall Clarida, Supervising Editor

On Wednesday, October 12 seniors have the opportunity to take part in a college application workshop. The workshop will be held in the Assembly Hall from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Rosary’s academic counselors will be there to assist seniors in all parts of the application process.

If you are at all considering attending the workshop, let me give you some reasons why you should come.

1. Seniors will have the opportunity to have assistance with all college applications.

As seniors know, there seems to be an endless amount of applications. This workshop will provide seniors with help filling out the Common App, the CSU Application, and the UC Application.

2. You will receive direct assistance from your academic counselor.

College applications can be stressful, and sometimes seniors need assistance or direction on how to approach college applications. Your academic counselor will be able to directly help you with applications, and as people that have helped you throughout the four years at Rosary, they will best know how to guide you during your application process. Sophia Harvey ’23 is attending the workshop and said, “I would appreciate a walk through the Common App because some questions aren’t very straightforward, and I would appreciate clarification.”

3. Seniors have a busy year as it is

Seniors have a lot going on from extracurriculars to difficult classes, and with the added stress of applications, it can feel overwhelming at times. The application workshop will be a great opportunity for seniors to make progress in their applications as Early Decision and Early Action deadlines quickly approach.

Seniors already have a lot going on this year. Although it is a day off for seniors, and many students are in need of a break, the workshop is a great opportunity for students to receive guidance on the stressful application process and is definitely worth your time. If you have any questions, contact your academic counselor.