Spirit Week: fits and flare

Photo Credit: Joy Harfouche

Seniors are all smiles in their pajamas.

Camila Zavala, Staff Writer

This past Saturday, Servite hosted Homecoming 2022, and what better way to celebrate the fast-approaching arrival of the dance than with a fun and fashion filled week, where every day brought a new theme?

Sophia and friends realize this town ain’t big enough for all of them. (Photo Credit: Joy Harfouche)

On Monday, Royals rode in with their tall cowgirl hats and lumberjack flannels for Country Day. Some even giddy-upped in overalls and gussied up their hair into barnyard braids. Sophia Harvey ‘23 wore my favorite outfit of the day, wearing a Woody from “Toy Story” inspired cowboy hat and a classic Western film mustache. She had us all shaking in our boots!

Cozied up Royals wish they could nap in the sun. (Photo Credit: Joy Harfouche)

Tuesday’s theme was Comfy Day, and people did not disappoint. Everyone showed up in their pj’s and sweats, dragging along their stuffed animals from class to class. Teachers in the Social Studies department claimed the students were a little too comfy because they kept falling asleep in class. But by the end of the hot, sweltering September day, layered up Royals realized that maybe the uniform isn’t so bad.

Here I am ready to win the spirit stick! (Photo Credit: Joy Harfouche)

Wednesday was a particularly special day because not only was it Tourist/ Hawaiian Day, but it was also the Homecoming Rally. If you want to find out more about the rally, make sure to read senior Anna Jordan’s  article, “2022 Homecoming Rally.” The excitement for the rally channeled into everyone’s spirit, and the whole Academy dressed up. The seniors must have had the best tourist costumes and the biggest lungs, because they won the spirit stick, which is now being displayed in Mr. Bevin’s room.

Dynamic duo dances to disco. (Photo Credit: Joy Harfouche)

Thursday was a major throwback for Decades Day when each class dressed as their own decade. As a blast from the past, seniors grooved with 70s attire, while the juniors looked totally tubular dressed in their 80s outfits. Sophomores wore bomb-dot-com 90s clothes, and the freshmen looked so swag dressed up as y2k gals.

Jessie from “New Girl,” Simon from “Alvin and the Chipmunks,” and Elvis say cheese. (Photo Provided by Joy Harfouche)

And finally, Friday, the day of all weekdays. Not only was the Homecoming football game on Friday, but as the day before Homecoming, the theme needed to match the excitement of all the students. And it did. Friday was Character Day, where people dressed up as their favorite character from a movie or TV show, including cartoons, people, animals, and many more. My favorite costume of the day was senior Molly Muse’s Elvis costume. It was almost too realistic.

This Spirit Week was arguably the best one yet at Rosary, and everyone’s commitment to participate was amazing. Special thanks to Spirit Officers Chloe McNamara ‘23 and Chloe Hoyos ‘23 for coming up with the most creative themes this year.