Katriel Cenabre and the bird of the day

Photo Credit: Alex Bohn

Katriel with a picture of the Emerald Spotted Wood Dove!

Alex Bohn, Copy Editor

Let me set the scene. It’s a random day in Honors Chemistry, and Mrs. Hunt is connecting her laptop to the TV. You sit at your desk and place your trusty backpack next to you, preparing for yet another stellar lecture. All of the sudden you hear the words, “Guys look! It’s the bird of the day!”

Not many people can relate to the experience described above, but that’s why I’m writing an article about it. For those who DO know what I’m talking about, then you also were gifted a bright smile and joyous attitude when senior Katriel “Kat” Cenabre ’23 shared her beloved ‘bird of the day’ with the class.

Olivia Nicholas ’23 shared her enthusiasm, “It gave me something to look forward to and I learned about a bunch of different birds I had no idea existed, such as the Andean Cock of the Rock which was my favorite.” Olivia had the honor of sitting next to Katriel in Honors Chemistry and was a prime witness to the ‘bird of the day’ news.

Olivia’s favorite bird, the Andean Cock of the Rock. (Photo taken from Google Images on a Creative Commons License)

The ‘bird of the day’ brought joy to many students in Period 2 Honors Chem; even students from other classes would visit Room 2 before class to hear the exciting news. Melissa Hansen ’22 would often sneak into Honors Chemistry to demand Kat for the ‘bird of the day’ before rushing to her Anatomy class next door at the last minute.

And what’s the best part of this whole spectacle? She’s still spreading the joy of funny-looking birds this year! If you stop by Mrs. D’Alba’s classroom, you might see a hand-drawn picture of the bird of the day by Katriel herself! If you’ve never felt the happiness that comes along with seeing a cool bird provided by lovely Katriel Cenabre, then I guess you’ve just never experienced happiness, but at least you now know where to find it.

So, my advice to you is to go find Kat and immediately demand her for a picture of the bird of the day. It will change you for the better.