Happy birthday Mother Mary

Rosary Academy gathers to celebrate mass for Mary. (Photo credit: Coach Jess)

Victoria Gomez, Staff Writer

This past Thursday, Sept. 8, the Rosary community gathered together in the Karcher Center to celebrate the birthday of our Mother Mary with a Mass. Rosary also celebrated with cupcakes, decorated with white frosting and blue sprinkles to symbolize Mary’s purity, and sang “Happy Birthday” as a community

This wonderful celebration was put on by Campus Ministry and its supervisors. One of the supervisors, Mrs. Kearns, explained where she got her idea to celebrate Mary’s Birthday in such a special way: “We chose to sing “Happy Birthday” and serve cupcakes to the community because the Church recommended it. They also recommend having a “birthday cake” on Pentecost, the Birthday of the Church, it’s a nice tradition.”

Campus Ministry member Emma Oskorus ’23 says, ” I think sometimes in the Catholic Church we forget how important it is to celebrate Mary, the mother of Jesus, and it is important that we emphasize

Rosary Campus Ministry members joyfully handing out cupcakes! (Photo Credit: Mrs. O’Campo).

her role as the virgin mother.” As a Catholic school, this celebration was a great way to honor Mary’s role in our lives as our school’s patroness.