“The Room Where it Happens”: Trinitas auditions

Rosary+and+Servite+students+after+their+audition++

(Photo Credit: Allison Lillestol '23)

Rosary and Servite students after their audition

Allison Lillestol, Copy- Editor

The anticipation for another Trinitas season has begun!

Wednesday, Aug. 31 kicked off the year with auditions for Jane Austen’s “Sense and Sensibility.”

For the past week, you have probably seen these actors and actresses practicing their monologues in the hallways and perfecting their British accents. Yesterday was the day they were all preparing for.

New and returning Rosary and Servite students came to the theatre prepared with two monologues to audition with. Returning Thespian Matt Ellersick ’23 shared, “Auditions today went so well. I am so proud of everyone and believe I personally did really well. Being a senior this year is making me really sad though; I just can’t believe that was my last fall audition.”

Trintas’ official “Sense and Sensibility” poster. (Photo Provided by Trinitas Arts Conservatory)

For some students, this was the first of many shows. Freshman Matilda Simmons ’26 shared her first experience auditioning for Trinitas: “I really loved how, at Trinitas, everyone was so supportive and welcoming. I have done other shows before, but I believe none of them will compare to my time at Trinitas.” We can’t wait to see Matilda on stage!

But with all these actors on stage, you’re probably wondering who is running the auditions. That would be our very own production team: Cali Gomez ’23 as stage manager, Karissa Garcia ’23 as assistant stage manager, and Riley Martinez ’24 as assistant director.

Together, they take notes, write stage directions, and call cues for the shows. Cali shared, “I really love being on tech, and I can’t wait to see this show process from beginning to end. I know it’s going to be a lot of work, but it will be so worth it!”

If you didn’t get a chance to audition, you can still be a part of the show! Tech Crew Applications will be in Room 8 and are due to the Trinitas office no later than Sept. 29.

If you don’t plan on being a part of the show, don’t miss the opportunity to watch “Sense and Sensibility” this November!