The beauty of Rosary Academy

My first official day as a Royal with my sister, Julianna LeVecke ’21. (Photo provided by Regina LeVecke)

Evelyn LeVecke, Staff Writer

“I wish there was a way to know you’re in the good old days… before you’ve actually left them.”

-Andy Bernard The Office

As my time at Rosary is coming to a close, I have had plenty of time to reflect on the beautiful gift that is Rosary. Growing up in the Rosary community as an optimistic little girl, I couldn’t wait until I officially became a Royal and now, I am seeing my final days as one until I become an alum. 

As my mom would like to call it, “The Royal Years.” (Photo provided by Evelyn LeVecke)

Rosary has taught me countless lessons that I will continually remind myself of as the new chapter of adulthood begins in just a few months. 

The life of a Rosary Royal. (Photo provided by Evelyn LeVecke)

The beauty of Rosary can be defined in many ways. To me, it’s the ability to be your most authentic self. It’s the school spirit that fills the heart of every Royal whether it is Red and Gold season or just an average day. It’s the opportunity to learn in a Catholic, all-girl environment. It’s the ability to wake up every morning not having to care what you look like.

Wow, I’m already crying. (Photo provided by Evelyn LeVecke)

It’s the sweet voice of Maurice greeting you every morning. It’s the nerves before taking a Hunt or Lanctot test. It’s the recycled jokes Mr. Clough uses that never fail to make us laugh. It’s the valuable and realistic advice that Mr. Bevins gives to his students. It’s the big smile Mrs. Shultz brings you every day. It’s Dr. Pautsch’s love for the school that is felt by many. It’s Mr. Stegink’s contagious laugh that fills the halls. It’s Ms. Barclay’s kindness she bestows upon her peasants because it’s her world and we all just happen to be living in it. It’s the enthusiasm and pride of Mrs. Huerta. It’s the kindness and delicious desserts Mr. Lyons brings. It’s the dedication to faith and Christ of Mrs. Kearns. It’s the pep and passion of Señora Kappe. It’s the welcoming “good morning” or “good afternoon” greeting of Ms. D’Alba.

Are you crying yet? (Photo provided by Evelyn LeVecke)

It’s the relationships we make with our teachers and faculty that will always support us no matter the decisions we make. It’s the lifelong friendships you make on the way, and the friends you learn to let go of in order to grow into your true self. It’s sports teams that turn into families. 

I love Rosary Academy! (Photo provided by Evelyn LeVecke)

It’s the brothers we make from Servite who make life interesting. It’s the unforgettable memories we have made with our sisters. It’s the bond between upper and younger class women. It’s the strength you gain from playing in the Trinity League. The opportunity to push yourself both academically and spiritually. It’s the adrenaline flowing through your veins after walking off the Trinitas or Red and Gold stage. It’s that feeling you get when you get home from Kairos. It’s the excessive but iconic potlucks.

Peace and love Royals. (Photo provided by Evelyn LeVecke)

The alum, parents, and faculty who firmly believe in the mission of Rosary. It’s something about those navy plaid skirts. Lastly, it’s the fact I can confidently say that Rosary Academy is my second home.

Obviously, I can go on and on about what Rosary means to me and express how eternally grateful I am for this wonderful royal family of mine. But, now I must move on, but never ever forget the memories, gifts, lessons, and relationships I made during the best four years of my life. Two LeVeckes down, and two more to go!

Thank you for everything Rosary. <3

Evelyn LeVecke ’22 signing off 🙂