Spring Sports Off to CIF

(Photo Provided by @rosarytrackandfeild Instagram)

The Rosary Track and Field team at their last League meet.

Colleen Schmitt, Staff Writer

Rosary Academy’s spring sports have been successful this season. The track and field team, swim team, and lacrosse teams are all headed to CIF.

Lacrosse had their first CIF game on Tues. May 2 against Segerstrom High School and won 13-6. Their next game is Sat. May 7, but the opponent and official time are yet to be determined.

Rosary’s Lacrosse team celebrates their win by taking a post-game selfie. (Photo Provided by @rosarylacrosse Instagram)

From the track and field team there are eight girls moving onto to CIF. The CIF prelims are at Carpenteria High School on Sat. May 7th. The field events will start at 11 a.m., and the track events will start at 12 p.m.

Gabriella Cardenas ’22 shared her experience in getting to CIF this year: “This year it was hard for me to qualify for CIF, I felt like I was stuck at the same height so I need to practice more than normal. I went from practicing once a week to jumping 4 times a week. I am so happy because I am getting to go to CIF as a senior.”

There is one athlete from the Rosary Swim Team going to CIF this year. Rosary Triathlon star Elizabeth Harita ’22 qualified for the 200 IM, and the 500 free on Thursday, May 5 at 9:30 a.m. at the Marguerite Aquatics Complex.

Coach Jessica explained, “The 200 IM is all four strokes starting with butterfly, backstroke, breast stroke, and ending with freestyle. The athlete will do two laps of each stroke ending up with eight laps.”

Congratulations to all these spring sport athletes for moving on to CIF this year.