Francesca McGuire verbally commits to Boise State

%0AFrancesca+McGuire+23+took+media+photos+on+her+official+visit+to+Boise+State.+

(Photo Provided by Francesca McGuire)

Francesca McGuire ’23 took media photos on her official visit to Boise State.

Emma Oskorus, Staff Writer

Over Easter Break, Francesca McGuire ’23 made an exciting verbal announcement about her commitment to further her education and soccer career at Boise State to play at the Division I level. Keep reading to read some background about Francesca’s decision to play at Boise State as well as some background of growing up playing soccer for practically her whole life.

Q: What age did you start playing soccer and around what age did you know you fell in love with this sport?

A: I started playing soccer at the age of four. From very early on, I knew I loved playing soccer. Going to soccer practice and playing in my games made me happy. I attended many of the Rosary soccer camps at a very young age, and overall, I have made so many friends through this sport.

Q: How did you know you wanted to play soccer in college?

A: I knew I have always wanted to play soccer in college because I love the sport. From practicing and playing almost everyday, I have committed so much time and dedication to this sport, and living without it did not seem realistic. I knew I wanted to play soccer for as long as I could.

Q: What was the recruiting process like?

A: The whole process happened really fast within a week, but as soon as I visited, I knew it was the right fit for me. I got the chance to meet some girls who are currently on the team now, and they were all so nice to me and made me feel welcome on campus.

Q: What made you really want to commit to playing soccer at Boise State?

A: The coaching staff and team were all so welcoming and kind. I am also super excited to continue my soccer career at such a great school.

Q: What are you most excited about when going to Boise?

A: I’m excited to learn on my own and get to play soccer with amazing girls who enjoy playing as much as I do.

Q: Do you have any advice for other athletes who want to play at the collegiate level?

A: My advice is to be yourself all the time, and you never know who is watching, so be kind to others.

Francesca McGuire ’23 poses on the field at Boise State excited to be on-campus as an official Bronco in the near future.
(Photo Provided by Francesca McGuire)