Campus Ministry gives back to the community

Senior+Gabriella+Cardenas+is+holding+a+few+of+the+gifts+that+will+be+donated.+

Photo Provided by Colleen Schmitt

Senior Gabriella Cardenas is holding a few of the gifts that will be donated.

Colleen Schmitt, Staff Writer

These are all of the gifts before they go off to Crittenton Services. (Photo Provided by Colleen Schmitt)

This holiday season the Campus Ministry program gave back to the Fullerton community by adopting kids and families for Christmas. The Campus Ministers ended up adopting 115 kids to give gifts to.

The program that helped the Campus Ministers make this possible was the Crittenton Services of Orange County. Crittenton Services reaches out to people in Orange County that need help, and provide services for them. During the Christmas season is it a stressful time for many people financially, especially those with kids. This Christmas, Rosary’s goal was to bring some ease to families and joy to the kids in Fullerton.

When asked why this was so important for the Campus Ministers to give back this holiday season, Mrs. Kearns said: “We are trying to live out our charism by serving our dear neighbor without distinction.”

Gabriella Cardenas ’22 shared: “Giving these gifts was really eye-opening to how grateful I should be and how blessed I really am. Especially during this Christmas season I am thankful to be able to give back to those kids that don’t have as much as I do.” This experience moved a lot of the Royals and made them feel thankful for their blessings.

The Rosary community came together and did something wonderful this Christmas season.