Tis’ the Red and Gold season

Daly Holman and Evelyn LeVecke

One of the most awaited and exciting days at Rosary Academy has finally come–Red and Gold Captain Announcement Day.

Although these six words may seem normal and average, they aren’t. Just shut that thought down. Red and Gold is one of Rosary’s most beloved traditions that students, faculty, and staff look forward to each and every year. Nothing compares to the energetic vibe that Rosary’s campus radiates during the Red and Gold season.

What makes Red and Gold so special is that it is a school-wide production; however, some students become even more involved in the show because they are captains. Select Rosary students, ranging from sophomores to seniors are chosen to lead the categories of both the Red and Gold teams.

Today on Dec. 10, 2021, the long-awaited and highly anticipated captains reveal video will be released and previewed during the last period of the school day. Rosary Royals will cross their fingers and pray that their name appears on the announcement video, produced by the four ASB/ White Team members.

Make sure to check back in after Christmas and New Years’ break to hear more about the results of the Red and Gold announcement video!

The Red Team performs for a drill on stage during one of the recordings last year. (Photo Provided by Daly Holman)
The 2021 Gold Team Producers pose backstage before their show introduction. (Photo Provided by Daly Holman)