Creepin’ it real: The best of Rosary’s 2021 Halloween costumes

Madison Roach ’24, Samantha Guerrero ’23, Mahea Akui ’24, and Grace Kaiser ’24 dressed as our favorite Marvel characters. Photo Provided by Mr. Lyons

Trinity Delacruz, Copy Editor

Last Friday, Rosary Academy got to end Red Ribbon Week by dressing up in their incredible Halloween costumes. As we know, when it comes to going all out, Rosary Royals are not one to disappoint. All around campus, we found students decked out in costumes fit for the Halloween occasion.

Here are some of the best costumes we saw.

Starting off strong, we found Captain America, Iron Man, Loki, and Spiderman on our very own campus. Quite a marvelous surprise.

Sophia Geronimo and Kaiya Montchaikul dressed as a manager and 067 from “Squid Game.” Photo Provided by Kaiya Montchaikul

And I’m sure many of us have heard about “Squid Game,” the Netflix show that took the world by storm. Naturally, we were able to find a couple of “Squid Game” costumes on campus. Sophia Geronimo ’25 dressed up in a manager uniform while Kaiya Montchaikul ’25 dressed up as Kang Sae-Byok (aka 067). Let me say, their costumes did not fail to amaze us.

On her costume, Sophia Geronimo said, “This Halloween, I decided to dress up as the guys known as ‘the pink people in the masks’ from the show ‘Squid Game.’ I wanted to have one of those costumes in which people would point out and say, ‘Hey, you’re that one guy from that show!'” Well Sophia, aren’t you that that one guy from that show?

Rick and Morty. Rick and Morty. Rick and Morty. Rick and Morty. Rick, Rick, Rick, Rick. Photo Credit: Trinity Delacruz

Character costumes did not end there. Freshmen Leila Hernandez and Angelina Avalos showed up to school as Rick and Pickle Rick.

Angelina Avalos said, “We dressed up as Rick and Pickle Rick from ‘Rick and Morty.’ We got inspired to pick these because they were from a show almost everyone [has] watched, and it was pretty classy and iconic!”

Seniors Elizabeth Harita and Elena Walz pose as Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Photo Provided by Elena Walz

Who doesn’t love a good Star Wars costume? Seniors Elizabeth Harita and Elena Walz dressed up as the infamous Jedi–Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

May the force be with you. And with your spirit. Photo Credit: Trinity DelacruzAnd it seemed that these students weren’t the only Jedi on campus. The religion department (and Mr. Lyons) showed up as Star Wars characters too!

Fun fact, many people have told Mr. Lyons that he looks like Old Luke Skywalker. He talked about his experiences as Old Luke’s doppelgänger: “Ever since the new Star Wars movies came out, I’ve had students and total strangers tell me I look like Luke, or flat out insist I’m Mark Hamill. This is the first time I’ve dressed like Old Luke. I’ve had an Obi-Wan outfit I’ve used off and on for about 10 years, but I figured it was time to switch. It’s a classic thrift shop outfit, except my talented and pretty wife made the custom cape thingy.”

Rosary’s faculty dressed in their costumes! Photo Credit: Trinity Delacruz

Rosary’s teachers had just as much Halloween spirit as the students. Featuring Mrs. Evans as the Kool-Aid Man, Ms. Lanctot and Mrs. Hunt as Lokis, and Mr. Stegink as… well, Mr. Stegink.

Freshmen as Mario Kart Characters. Photo Credit: Trinity Delacruz

Our freshmen did not disappoint us. We saw a group of freshmen ready to race in their Mario Kart costumes!

Ava Dominquez ’23 dressed as a red dog balloon. Photo Provided by Rosary Academy

Last but not least, I’m sure no one missed this big red walking dog balloon roaming campus.

Rosary’s costumes made this Halloween awesome. We’re looking forward to seeing amazing Halloween costumes next year!