Rosary Academy’s Halloween blood drive

Kimberly Gallo ’22 posing after donating blood on Friday’s Halloween blood drive. Photo Credit: Mary Nassar ’22

Mary Nassar, News Editor, Creative Writing Editor

This Friday, Oct. 29, Rosary Academy held a Red Cross Blood Drive in the Assembly Hall. All day Friday, volunteers from the Science National Honors Society helped register students and parents that were donating blood, and they watched over them for 15 minutes after donating to make sure they were feeling well before bringing the next donors in.

Sophia Kondo ’22, a member of the Science National Honors Society, helped register people in the blood drive and said this about her experience: “Donating blood is so crucial, so I appreciated the opportunity to volunteer in the blood drive. Also, seeing people’s Halloween costumes was really cute!”

Kimberly Gallo ’22 also shared her experience donating blood: “It was my very first time donating blood today, and I had such a great experience since I got the opportunity to save three lives. Also, I got to talk to most of the nurses, who gave me advice about pursuing the medical field.”

Students who donated or who had relatives donate on their behalf will receive a free-dress pass that will be used on a specific day in November.

While the day was filled with fun Halloween festivities and multiple Loki variants running around the school, Rosary still found a way to live out our charism and serve the dear neighbor.