Trinity League Golf Finals

Nia Delacruz, Madison Lising, and Trinity Delacruz were awarded medals for making it into Second Team Trinity League. (Photo Credit: Jonathan Lising)

Trinity Delacruz, Copy Editor

On Monday, Oct. 18, Rosary’s Varsity Golf Team entered into day one of Trinity League Finals. The team competed against players from Mater Dei, Santa Margarita, JSerra, and Orange Lutheran at Los Serranos Country Club.

Senior Madeline “Rhea” Sigur mentioned how she felt after playing: “To be really honest, I feel a bit sad that it was my last varsity tournament of high school. I wish I was a sophomore all over again. But the girls I played with were very sweet and I got along with them really well.”

The cut-off after day one was 86. Sophomores Madison Lising and Nia Delacruz both made the cut with a score of 86 (12 over par), and I shot 82 (eight over par), qualifying for day two of Trinity League Finals.

Players who made it into day two of Trinity League Finals. (Photo Credit: Jonathan Lising)

Madison Lising talked about her experience after playing day two, “Trinity League Finals was really fun and a great learning experience. I tried not to focus too much on the little things of my swing and instead on what an amazing opportunity I have playing. Other than playing, the players I was in groups with were very nice. Overall, I would rate the two tournament days a 10/10.”

Nia Delacruz shared, “I did make mistakes during the tournament, but I’m glad I got to play. My goal is to improve and make it into CIF next year!”

Unfortunately, none of the players were able to make it into CIF Individual League Finals this year, but Rosary congratulates these girls for making it into Second Team Trinity League.

The Rosary Varsity Golf Team ended their season strong, and they’re looking forward to an even greater season next year.