Volleyball qualifies for CIF

The volleyball celebrates a win because they are going to CIF. Photo provided by Joanna Ciudad ’23.

Kathleen Martinez, Staff Writer

After a long season, the Rosary Volleyball team will play their first CIF game on Oct. 21 in Santa Clarita.

The team has been practicing since the beginning of the year and worked together to make it to CIF. With the help of their coaches and dedication, the team has come together to play the CIF games.

Sarah Ybarra ’23 discussed the energy it took to make it to CIF: “We practice 4-5 times a week for two hours. We usually have to win 3-4 out of 5 of our games in the league but we came into CIF as an at-large team.” The volleyball team’s persistence has paid off because they can now compete in CIF. Sarah shared that fellow teammates have a constant commitment to volleyball: “I would say 98% of the girls play for a club on the team. I play for Tstreet Inland Empire.” The Royal Volleyball players work endlessly to excel in skill every day.

The volleyball team celebrates a winning point together. Photo provided by Joanna Ciudad ’23.

When asked about her feelings towards the upcoming CIF games Brooke Kizziar ’21 shared: “I feel super excited about qualifying. I honestly did not think we would since we did take last place in the league.” Despite the great surprise, Brooke anticipates a great game.

Sarah also shared her feelings about the games: “I am both excited and scared because the last time I was in CIF and I did not have as big of a role to fill like I do now, I am also excited because this is one of the best high school teams I have been on.” Although our school may be small, the Royals worked hard to earn a spot in the CIF games.

Overall, the volleyball team’s hard work and unyielding spirit have allowed them to be potential CIF champions. Just making it to CIF is a great accomplishment, and the volleyball team should be proud of that.

If you want to show your support for the Rosary volleyball team, their first CIF game is against West Ranch in Santa Clarita on Oct. 21.