Captivating Cracked Crab

Parents from Rosary and Saint Jeanne de Lestonnac elementary school pose in the photo booth. (Photo Provided by Joanie Thomas.)

Katie Thomas, Arts & Entertainment Editor

Last Saturday night, Rosary’s beloved Cracked Crab finally returned to campus for the 41st year. The tradition found its way outdoors for the first time, providing guests with a beautiful night under the stars.

Parents enjoyed all the fun opportunities at cracked crab! (Photo Provided by Rosary Academy.)

Spirits were high as each of Rosary’s athletic teams set up booths filled with Rosary gear and raffle opportunities to raise money. The air smelled of delicious seafood and searing steak, and the campus slowly came to life.

As guests began to arrive, they were greeted by a DJ, a photo booth, the athletic teams, a silent auction, and the smiling faces of fellow Rosary supporters. Dusk settled across campus, and guests assumed their seats to be served a delicious dinner of steak, bratwurst, salad, beans, potatoes, and most importantly, crab.

Some of the Rosary Ambassadors and ASB helped to serve around 500 guests. Bridgette Sanders ’23 expressed, “I loved serving dinner and getting to see so many smiling faces gathered together again!”

Katie Thomas ’22 and Bridgette Sanders ’23 pose in the photo booth after serving the guests at Cracked Crab. (Photo Provided by Katie Thomas.)

Thanks to the generosity of our donors, sponsors, and supporters, Rosary was able to raise over $140,000. We’re so grateful to all who attended and are already looking forward to next year!