Homecoming review

Homecoming+review

Daly Holman and Kimberly Gallo

Homecoming is a beloved event that many Rosary Royals and Servite Friars look forward to each year. It is always the first formal dance of the year, giving Royals and Friars the chance to dress up and enjoy a fancy night. Since last year’s dance was canceled due to Covid-19, this was an especially wonderful experience for the freshmen and sophomores to attend their first official school dance.

Emma and her friends pose for a photo at their Homecoming pre-party. Photo provided by: Emma Vasquez

Both Rosary and Servite students got to attend the dance; some decided to go with dates, a group of friends, or even by themselves.

Reagan Beuerlein ’23 and Emma Vasquez ’23 smile for a photo on the Homecoming dance floor. Photo provided by: Emma Vasquez                       

Rosary junior Emma Vasquez said, “Homecoming was really fun and I’m glad I went. I had a great time dancing with all of my friends.”

Erika and Riley smile for the camera at their Homecoming dinner. Photo provided by: Erika Kuehl

Erika Kuehl ‘22 went to homecoming with her boyfriend, Servite senior Riley Rosenkranz. She stated, “I had so much fun at homecoming with Riley and I am so glad we got to spend the night together.”

Chip Deegan, senior at Servite said his favorite part of homecoming was “watching my great friend Will Hawkins win homecoming king and being able to celebrate with him.” He also loved “spending his night with his date and all of his friends.”

Will Hawkins ’22 wins Homecoming King. Photo provided by: Chip Deegan 

Senior Jessica Avila states, “My homecoming experience this year was definitely one to remember because I got to spend my very last one with the people who never fail to put a smile on my face every day.”

Fellow senior Mary Marshall ’22 shared, This year’s homecoming was an amazing experience because I will never forget because it was my last homecoming. I had a lot of fun spending time with my friends outside of school and  talking with others as well. I will never forget all the memories that were shared on that night!”

The night of Homecoming allowed many students to share unforgettable memories that will last forever.